How to get PT Aide position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozeK

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I just finished my first semester of ugrad and was looking to try and get a job as a PT Aide for the summer and hopefully the next couple years. I sent out some applications to people who posted on craigslist that were hiring (I was told this would be way better at results than Indeed or other sites). I was just wondering if any of you had tips for getting a PT Aide job. What should my resume have to make it stand out? Where should I look if not online, etc. I currently have experience working in a biology research lab as an assistant and also as an office assistant at an engineering company but I know its not a job that requires experience of any kind usually. If you have stories of how you got your respective positions it would be a great help!

Members don't see this ad.

I had huge success with Indeed and was getting calls left and right for positions I had applied for. I was sure to include observation hours I completed in other clinics, which therapists kept positively commenting on because it showed that I already had some experience in the clinic.

Reactions: 1 user
Start emailing places asking to observe first. That was how I got my aide position. You might have the best luck with private outpatient ortho centers as they tend to need help more than other settings. While waiting to hear back, keep searching through craigslist. I never had luck with Indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the old fashioned way and googled outpatient clinics near me, printed out my resume and walked in and asked if they were hiring and handed them my resume. I'd gotten my aide position by handing it to one clinic and they ended up forwarding it to another location that was hiring.

I asked some of the medical faculty at my university if they knew of any opportunities. They pointed me in the right direction and landed me a job at the university hospital.

Definitely don't hesitate to check anywhere positions could be posted. Overall, clinics are phasing out the aide position since they want consistency and someone who will be around longer than a year or two, so these jobs are becoming tougher to find without connections.