How To Get Ready For Amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i77ac

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The application for this year (for entering 2005 class) is not ready. Can anyone tell me when applications become available for this year? Is it May? June? And how do I get my application ready so I can just send it in early? There was only 2004 entering class application available. Do I just print that out and write in it, and wait till summer then apply over the internet? When do I request for my transcript?

By the way, I already graduated from college in 2002, and have already taken MCAT which I'm done with. When am I suppose to send those in?

Can you give me a timeline for application process?

I'm just curious how I prepare my application early so that I can send it in as soon as possible this summer. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

i posted on this topic before but ill get the link for it later...

if you look on the first page you can see the 5 sticky posts. one of the sticky posts gives a good timeline for you to follow. All of most you need to know for applying to med schools. for current applicants.

actually you can print out a pdf on the amcas website that is like an simulation of the application and you can fill that out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Write your personal statement!!!! And maybe a resume of your EC's.

The rest of the AMCAS is just tedious keyboard punching. +pissed+

get copies of all your transcripts. You will need it/them to fill out AMCAS and you need to know if they are going to be any glitches with the transcripts. (like the school won't send 'em 'cus you still owe them $.05 or somesuch)

Transcripts are "usually" accepted by AMCAS way before they start accepting the online application so make *sure* that you send in all transcripts BEFORE you submit AMCAS this will save you a ton of time.

My advice. GO PARTY IT UP!

As soon as you submit that AMCAS, life will never be the same. You'll start thinking about what you SHOULD have done, who you know, who they know, what you wish you knew, where you want to go, on that day the doubts begin!