How to handle discussion of newborn during med school interviews?

pumpkin628

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am due this August with my first baby and am in the middle of applying to med school for 2005. I did not mention my pregnancy at all in my initial application and am unsure as to whether I should include it in secondaries...esp those which ask about what you are doing during application year. I am also continuing with coursework (postbacc), volunteer activities, and part time work during the upcoming year so I have other things to discuss. Just don't want it to seem as if I "hid" this important addition to my life! How should I handle this during interviews...fairly certain schools will want to know how I plan on handling family and school. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

pumpkin628 said:
I am due this August with my first baby and am in the middle of applying to med school for 2005. I did not mention my pregnancy at all in my initial application and am unsure as to whether I should include it in secondaries...esp those which ask about what you are doing during application year. I am also continuing with coursework (postbacc), volunteer activities, and part time work during the upcoming year so I have other things to discuss. Just don't want it to seem as if I "hid" this important addition to my life! How should I handle this during interviews...fairly certain schools will want to know how I plan on handling family and school. Any suggestions?
Don't make an issue of it. Lots of people have kids before and DURING med school. Don't give them anything to worry about or fel that you have to justify anything.