How to improve (although this question was probably asked a million times! Read)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmD81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up for the July PCAT and this will be my third time taking the exam. I did horrible the first two times :( I even registered for the Kaplan course but that did not help me personally.
I'm determined to get over a 80% on the test this time hopefully so I bought the dr Collins material. I started going over it and I realized how much material I forgot! I haven't studied chemistry in over 1 1/2 years. It seems more of a summary to me then actually helping me grasp the concept. What do you recommend I do?
Also I've heard the verbal section is extremely helpful using dr Collins do u reccommend I memorize the words or how should I approach it?
Lastly the bio section on the actually test seems different then both the Kaplan and dr Collins material! I've never been good at bio so is there any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

On the PCAT website you can also buy pcat practice tests which were very helpful for me as they tell you why the right answer is the right answer. I got an 80 on my second try which is decent I guess! If you can, review notes from your old classes as well. I know nothing of Dr. Collins so just my advice

oh and for the verbal section. it's more analyzing than memorizing. Always think to yourself..how do these words relate?