How to indicate upcoming graduate coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GraceEuphoria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing to begin a biology master's program this fall, but I am unsure of how to indicate this on my AACOMAS application. I asked this in the general question forum, but have yet to receive a response, so I thought I would try here. If I list the university and courses under the main "Colleges and Coursework" section, it will list me as not having all of my transcripts submitted. Does this prevent me from submitting my application altogether/getting verified? If so, how should I indicate to schools that I am taking coursework this fall?

Members don't see this ad.

I am preparing to begin a biology master's program this fall, but I am unsure of how to indicate this on my AACOMAS application. I asked this in the general question forum, but have yet to receive a response, so I thought I would try here. If I list the university and courses under the main "Colleges and Coursework" section, it will list me as not having all of my transcripts submitted. Does this prevent me from submitting my application altogether/getting verified? If so, how should I indicate to schools that I am taking coursework this fall?

If you're already registered for those courses then you should already have a transcript with those courses there available...just no grades. That should suffice.

If you don't have that option, then don't include it and update AACOMAS with a new transcript once you have grades, which will update the schools.

If you're already registered for those courses then you should already have a transcript with those courses there available...just no grades. That should suffice.

If you don't have that option, then don't include it and update AACOMAS with a new transcript once you have grades, which will update the schools.

Ok, thanks. That helps a lot because I was just about to add the school and the courses I plan to enroll in, but I will hold off because I am not certain of those courses yet. I applied quite late, waiting to hear back about a waitlist for this fall, so I have not registered yet. Is there any kind of fee for updates to AACOMAS? I should be registering for classes in the next few weeks, which will be right in the middle of my verification. Should I do it during verification or wait until after it's done?

Members don't see this ad :)
i would apply and then you can change it later.

there is no fee to change...they can do it for you. i had to recently change some scores, and since i was not yet verified they simply unsubmitted it then i could change it and hit resubmit.

i think after you are verified though they are the only ones who can make changes.

Ok, thanks. That helps a lot because I was just about to add the school and the courses I plan to enroll in, but I will hold off because I am not certain of those courses yet. I applied quite late, waiting to hear back about a waitlist for this fall, so I have not registered yet. Is there any kind of fee for updates to AACOMAS? I should be registering for classes in the next few weeks, which will be right in the middle of my verification. Should I do it during verification or wait until after it's done?

There are no fees, unless you are adding schools.

If you attempt to change your application during verification, it will delay its verification but it'll already send out your updated application to all the schools. If you wait until after verification, you will need to update AACOMAS, and they'll need to update the schools, so they will be receiving two versions. It's up to you.

To the OP: you have to call the accomas people up and they will put an exception, that is what I did.