How to input CANA experience in PTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jessgreg

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a 6 week nursing assistant program last year and within that time frame we did a 2 week clinical at a nursing home. Later I went on to become certified in the state of Florida as a CNA however it's now expired.

I took this because my area didn't have any pt aide positions that I could find and I thought it would be a good foot in the door to Healthcare.

Since the certification is expired I can't put it in the certification section in PTCAS. I still want to include it in my application because it was a great experience and I did transfers, assisted patients who received PT but what section would I include this in? Would extracurricular activities work?

Thanks to anyone who is familiar!

Edit: I apologize for the typo in the title! CANA is supposed to be CNA