How to let med schools know about my future gap year experience?

Started by kesher
Tags Tags
gap year
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kesher

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking a gap year after graduation and hope to matriculate into medical school the following year. If I submit my application in June, how do I let the schools know what my gap year plans are? Secondaries? A letter? Also, what is the acceptable time frame for sending letters? I heard that after a point, they will no longer update your application.
 
I'm taking a gap year after graduation and hope to matriculate into medical school the following year. If I submit my application in June, how do I let the schools know what my gap year plans are? Secondaries? A letter? Also, what is the acceptable time frame for sending letters? I heard that after a point, they will no longer update your application.
Sometimes there are ways to squeeze them into the Primary Activities section, but you need to have been hired and/or accepted into a volunteer position for sure before you can do that.