How to list abstract publications and presentations?

Started by coramDeo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coramDeo

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I've had a few abstracts accepted over the last year and presented a few of them as well. In some, I was the first author, and in the rest, I was the 3rd to 5th author.
My questions are:
  1. Can abstracts be listed as publications on AMCAS? They were accepted at conferences with associated journals and will be published in the journals. Obviously, I will indicate that they are abstracts.
  2. Are non-1st authorship abstracts worth listing on AMCAS?
  3. For the accepted abstracts that I also presented, should I list them together in the 'Publications' options on AMCAS, or separately in 'Posters, Presentations' and 'Publications'?

I've looked around the forum for answers to these questions, but I cannot seem to find a clear guideline. I'd love some advice on how to list my experiences!

Thank you.