How to list medical W on primary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subdermallight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My university makes a distinction between a W (just dropping one class), and a Medical Withdrawal (WM) that needed to be approved with lengthy paperwork to justify extreme conditions that made you unable to complete your semester, which gives you a WM for each and every class you were taking. It was explained that this show the circumstances were out of your control.

So for the AMCAS, is there a way to show my WM for a semester was not simply a W for every course?

Members don't see this ad.

My university makes a distinction between a W (just dropping one class), and a Medical Withdrawal (WM) that needed to be approved with lengthy paperwork to justify extreme conditions that made you unable to complete your semester, which gives you a WM for each and every class you were taking. It was explained that this show the circumstances were out of your control.

So for the AMCAS, is there a way to show my WM for a semester was not simply a W for every course?

You input the grade, exactly as it appears on your transcript, so a WM for you. The AMCAS verification process will then turn that into standard AMCAS annotation, which I think is a normal W. Either way, it doesn't affect your GPA.