How to NEURO ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medbound786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think that if one were to study ONLY the High Yield Neuroanatomy book that he would be able to answer almost every question on the step I related to Neuroanatomy/Neuroscience (minus psyc) ?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No. Neuroanatomy is my favorite thing (honestly) and I'm really good at it, but Neuro is my worst section because of all the Neuropharm and neuro syndromes and biochem related stuff. I WISH neuroanatomy were emphasized more, and mastering HY Neuro will definitely help you get there, but be prepared to study the other non-anatomy stuff, too.

def. not enough. hy would be good for the neuroanatomy portion but notsufficient for neuropathology. according to this forum, neuropath/pharm has recently been a heavily tested on the usmle and i think for you to have your bases covered for neuro, i would pick up goljan path and review the very last chapter in the book entitled "CNS". it's fairly thorough in my opinion. if you want to test yourself in path questions, do the cns questions in the robbins review book-they're pretty much some of the most difficult pathology questions out there. also from what i heard, the dude that wrote that book used to write pathology questions for the usmle, so might be a good learning tool.

good luck to you!

Why shouldn't HY Neuro be enough for the neuro stuff that is not contained in other sources?

People have mentioned neuropath and neuropharm. Reading a path source should cover the neuropath and a pharm source should cover the neuropharm right?

This is what I plan on doing for all neuro stuff:
HY neuro
Goljan path will have neuro path chapters in it for the neuropath
my pharm source has chapters about neuropharm.

I would imagine that overall, that should be enough for neuro.

I hate neuro, but I'm decent at it since it was taught very well at my school so I hope this will be enough.

Members don't see this ad :)