1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How to NEURO ?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Medbound786, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Medbound786

Medbound786 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Do you guys think that if one were to study ONLY the High Yield Neuroanatomy book that he would be able to answer almost every question on the step I related to Neuroanatomy/Neuroscience (minus psyc) ?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rogue Synapse

Rogue Synapse The Dude Has Got No Mercy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No. Neuroanatomy is my favorite thing (honestly) and I'm really good at it, but Neuro is my worst section because of all the Neuropharm and neuro syndromes and biochem related stuff. I WISH neuroanatomy were emphasized more, and mastering HY Neuro will definitely help you get there, but be prepared to study the other non-anatomy stuff, too.

4. docmd2010

docmd2010 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

def. not enough. hy would be good for the neuroanatomy portion but notsufficient for neuropathology. according to this forum, neuropath/pharm has recently been a heavily tested on the usmle and i think for you to have your bases covered for neuro, i would pick up goljan path and review the very last chapter in the book entitled "CNS". it's fairly thorough in my opinion. if you want to test yourself in path questions, do the cns questions in the robbins review book-they're pretty much some of the most difficult pathology questions out there. also from what i heard, the dude that wrote that book used to write pathology questions for the usmle, so might be a good learning tool.

good luck to you!

5. ihatethistest

Why shouldn't HY Neuro be enough for the neuro stuff that is not contained in other sources?

People have mentioned neuropath and neuropharm. Reading a path source should cover the neuropath and a pharm source should cover the neuropharm right?

This is what I plan on doing for all neuro stuff:
    HY neuro
    Goljan path will have neuro path chapters in it for the neuropath
    my pharm source has chapters about neuropharm.

I would imagine that overall, that should be enough for neuro.

I hate neuro, but I'm decent at it since it was taught very well at my school so I hope this will be enough.

6. Cards21aceking

5+ Year Member

It should

It will

7. JDWflash44

JDWflash44 Workin it...
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    USMLE Roadmap Neuroscience :love: