DentalRocks09

10+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys i just wanted to hear some suggestions on how to pay 4 D school..Everything is goin to run around a 100K a yr...what do I do? if u guys have any ideas that would be great...send links to stuff if uve gotem as well...thanks :)

Quattro DMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
Dallas, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey guys i just wanted to hear some suggestions on how to pay 4 D school..Everything is goin to run around a 100K a yr...what do I do? if u guys have any ideas that would be great...send links to stuff if uve gotem as well...thanks :)
Didn't your school give you a financial aid packet at your interview? Most likely its going to be a mix a subsidized stafford, unsubsidized stafford, and grad plus loans. If you need more you'll need to get a private loan. There's also the HPSP and NHSC service scholarships etc.

TempleDMDKrazd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2008
Status
Dental Student
first thing is first...do your FAFSA when the time comes

the school will help you apply for the Stafford Unsub. Loans which equates to $42,000 per year for 4 years. This doesn't cover the full cost. You need to go out and apply for a Grad Plus Loan which covers the COA (Cost of Attendance minus any other loans/scholarships/etc)

For example your COA is $100,000 a year and you received $42,000 in Stafford Loans. Therefore your Grad Plus Loan would be $58,000. If you need more money on this, then you have to apply for Private Loans from banks (you will only need extra money if you have a family and your spouse isnt working)

Or, you can choose the military route, but do not do it just for the money.

Good Luck

About the Ads

NyCzPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status
Dental Student
100k a year. The only school to fit that bill has got to be NYU. Am I right? :cool:

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
seriously, i was thinking at MAX around 65K a year, but that's a state school...most private schools are around 75-80K? (like nova)

GDwood

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but do we pay every semester or pay for the entire year all at once?

JPDMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status
Dental Student
You pay each semester. You get your student loans usually 2 a year though, so make sure that you have a budget set up or at the end of the semester you might not have enough to cover what you are wanting to do.

GDwood

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
You pay each semester. You get your student loans usually 2 a year though, so make sure that you have a budget set up or at the end of the semester you might not have enough to cover what you are wanting to do.
Thank u =)

Lurchdubious

the Homeless Ninja
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2007
VA
Status
Dental Student
If you need more money on this, then you have to apply for Private Loans from banks (you will only need extra money if you have a family and your spouse isnt working)
Amen to this. lol. I need to look into a private loan, do you recommend certain banks over others?

pistolpete007

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
if your doing private school i think it would be around 90-100k after living expense tuition and all the other hidden fees

DROCKINDAHOUSE

UTHSCSA c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2008
Texas
Status
Dental Student
stripping...jk.

I'm hoping to get some scholarship money coming in. Check with any clubs and organizations in your hometown because I know that several in the town that I'm from have scholarships set up for students entering into health professions.

About the Ads