How to pay for tuition???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalRocks09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just wanted to hear some suggestions on how to pay 4 D school..Everything is goin to run around a 100K a yr...what do I do? if u guys have any ideas that would be great...send links to stuff if uve gotem as well...thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys i just wanted to hear some suggestions on how to pay 4 D school..Everything is goin to run around a 100K a yr...what do I do? if u guys have any ideas that would be great...send links to stuff if uve gotem as well...thanks :)

Didn't your school give you a financial aid packet at your interview? Most likely its going to be a mix a subsidized stafford, unsubsidized stafford, and grad plus loans. If you need more you'll need to get a private loan. There's also the HPSP and NHSC service scholarships etc.

first thing is first...do your FAFSA when the time comes

the school will help you apply for the Stafford Unsub. Loans which equates to $42,000 per year for 4 years. This doesn't cover the full cost. You need to go out and apply for a Grad Plus Loan which covers the COA (Cost of Attendance minus any other loans/scholarships/etc)

For example your COA is $100,000 a year and you received $42,000 in Stafford Loans. Therefore your Grad Plus Loan would be $58,000. If you need more money on this, then you have to apply for Private Loans from banks (you will only need extra money if you have a family and your spouse isnt working)

Or, you can choose the military route, but do not do it just for the money.

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
100k a year. The only school to fit that bill has got to be NYU. Am I right? :cool:

seriously, i was thinking at MAX around 65K a year, but that's a state school...most private schools are around 75-80K? (like nova)

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but do we pay every semester or pay for the entire year all at once?

You pay each semester. You get your student loans usually 2 a year though, so make sure that you have a budget set up or at the end of the semester you might not have enough to cover what you are wanting to do.

You pay each semester. You get your student loans usually 2 a year though, so make sure that you have a budget set up or at the end of the semester you might not have enough to cover what you are wanting to do.

Thank u =)

If you need more money on this, then you have to apply for Private Loans from banks (you will only need extra money if you have a family and your spouse isnt working)

Amen to this. lol. I need to look into a private loan, do you recommend certain banks over others?

if your doing private school i think it would be around 90-100k after living expense tuition and all the other hidden fees

stripping...jk.

I'm hoping to get some scholarship money coming in. Check with any clubs and organizations in your hometown because I know that several in the town that I'm from have scholarships set up for students entering into health professions.