How to prepare for NBDE 1 re-take in 2010?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saxplayur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I took my part 1's in August 2009 and barely passed, despite knowing more than 95% of the 2006-2007 decks cold. I've also read at least once the following: BRS Path, BRS Anatomy H&N chapter, Kaplan DentEssentials, Clinical Micro Ridic Simple, First Aid, and released exams. I feel like I'm starting from scratch after having done everything right. I want to get a good score on this test for eligibility for specialty. I registered just in time to get a numeric score on re-take, which I think will be in 2-3 months from now. Please advise, especially if you have had the same experience, changed something, and subsequently succeeded. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hi..i had given my xam last yr too n got only a 81...i gave it again in jan n i jumped to 87...may not b the best of the scores but good enough for me...i was readin a lot of stuff to...
1st attempt: decks 06-07, dentessentials, mosby, crack the nbde, kaplan questions.
2nd attempt: kaplan review notes, decks 09-10, asda papers, first aid Q n A and dentessentials(for revision)..

readin the stuff mentioned for my 2nd attmpt n concentrating on basic stuff helped me pull through...hope this helps