how to prepare for PCAT and PCAT verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoangtran87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take the Pcat in the summer, since english is my second language, it makes me so worry about the verbal and quantitive analysis. I need your advise what book shoul i study?
Also, Is the reading in PCAT exam a pharmacy reading or somethinelse?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't post the same question twice, and this question is more appropriate in the "PCAT Discussion" page.

I mainly used Kaplan as a supplement to what I learned in the prereq classes. So I would advise you to definitely review class notes. Kaplan alone is not enough. In general, the more practice, the better (ie. Barron's, Cliffnotes, etc.) The Pearson website for the PCAT also offers you 2 practice exams.

The reading section is similar to the SAT format; it tests your reading comprehension on various topics (not necessarily related to pharmacy). The verbal section is all vocabulary (sentence completions and analogies). There are also 2 separate writing sections.

Regarding quantitative analysis, it's mainly from algebra to simple derivatives of calculus.

Best of luck! :thumbup:

Quantitative analysis is mathematics so your language skills shouldn't be as much of an issue.