How to respond to interview invite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssdk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a clear answer to this.

But if you get an ERAS interview invite stating to email them back at "******@****.edu" to confirm the interview date, do you respond to this by hitting the reply button through the ERAS messaging center or by going to your school email and emailing the stated address directly?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would just go to your school email and email the address directly. It is always safer.

I emailed them directly through school email. In some cases I got a confirmation back through ERAS; in others I got confirmation back through direct email. I find this whole system to be rather clumsy (specifically getting email notification that I have an ERAS message, then having to go into ERAS through a specific browser to confirm that it indeed an invite)

When I applied, I emailed directly from my gmail. More reliable than the school email.

A lot of my friends actually made separate gmail accounts for residency applications only to make sure that they wouldn't get cluttered up.

I know if I was on the other end...I would hope that the candidate would stick with one email. Otherwise, you are going to have go and make changes on their personal account which requires an additional step. I seriously doubt that a program would be that malignant to demand a formal reply on letterhead from a school email address. And if they are...you really don't want to go to that program. :)

Respond ASAP through your own email. Some places will send out more invite than they interview spots and those goes to the first ones to respond. It is very important you can check your email several times a day and respond immediately.

Or better yet, call. Some programs are slower to respond to e-mail than a phone call.

I don't know about that. I wouldn't call the program unless they tell you to. These are busy people and it's easier to keep everything organized when it is written down in an email.

I don't know about that. I wouldn't call the program unless they tell you to. These are busy people and it's easier to keep everything organized when it is written down in an email.

Several programs I applied to gave both a phone number and e-mail. If they give you a phone number, calling is better than e-mail.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems that later on, in late Oct or Nov the quickest way to reach programs is probably best