How to send paper AMCAS apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

old lady

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have to send a paper copy, is it possible to edit it so that your essays have paragraph breaks? How would you do that? Surely you don't just send it in as is?

Members don't see this ad.

I left blank lines between my paragraphs on my AMCAS app. I think you could go into your app and make that change without it affecting your submission date. (You might want to check with AMCAS before you do that, but I did make several changes after I submitted with no dire effects). If you don't want to risk it, you should be able to do a cut & paste and recopy job that would be hardly noticeable. I did that with the list of schools section, because I didn't want all my schools to see the whole list -- or even the amount of space the whole list would have taken.

Thanks for your advice SMW - but when I try to go into my essay in AMCAS it won't let me touch it.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I don't even see how I could cut and paste it - there is a certain amount of space on the copy for the essay, and if I paste something with paragraph breaks on top it will cover up part of the next section.
Help!