HOw to Start Studying NBDE I..Need help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khm1303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I think I have everything to start studying for NDBE I.
I have, kaplan dentEssential, Dental Decks, Mosby, Old released exams.
Can someone can tell me how to start?
what subject first? which book?
Need help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno if this'll be much help, but personally, I am basing my studying on the dental decks and past exams. I went in this order for the dental decks:

Anatomy
Physiology/Biochem
Micro/Patho
Dental Anatomy/Occlusion
Vignettes

What I'm planning on doing is going through them at least another 2 times (hopefully if time is permitting) and go through as many test questions as I can get my hands on.

Other than that, I wouldn't recommend wasting your time reading through kaplan or any other book unless you do not understand the info, in which you should look it up.

Hope this helps ya! And if anybody has got any ideas/advice as to how I can make this 'study regiment' any better, pls tell me. I'm starting to freak about the exam.. :s

Thanks!

Thank you very much!! It's been helpfull. I've found going through the books complicated and it's been taking me time and I feel that I do not advance.
Any one else wants to tell us your experience??

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally get what you mean! I wasted so much time in the beginning thinking this is the way to go! Read everything and someting would be bound to stick.. BAD IDEA! :s I learned that the hard way, so its just not worth it.. I feel way more confident now that I have read the dental decks at least once and now am answering q's!

Cinderella, I would answer your q but I personally have noo idea.. sorry!

HI guys!! Hope you're doing well studying!!
I've been trying with dental decks first and I think that is the best way to start... Please tell us your experience!! Thank you!!

totally get what you mean! I wasted so much time in the beginning thinking this is the way to go! Read everything and someting would be bound to stick.. Bad idea! :s i learned that the hard way, so its just not worth it.. I feel way more confident now that i have read the dental decks at least once and now am answering q's!

Cinderella, i would answer your q but i personally have noo idea.. Sorry!
dental decks is based on past exan ques so u can answer that
but only 40 ques from released asda get repeated dont get fooled.

I started with the decks as well and few days ago I got the second edition of the first aid from amazon. I have to say it's way more organized and cover more topics especially in physio.

just my 2 cents!

Hi, I also received my First Aid 2 weeks ago from amazon and I found it very smooth comparing with kaplan and mosby.
good luck!