how to stop studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i really want to throw in the towel...but i feel like if i don't review everything will just escape my head. obviously, this is irrational.

how do you guys just tell yourself to stop studying!!

i feel like i want to just keep reviewing orgo until everything is solidified...but that will never happen. perhaps i'm better of just going through my orgo flashcards.

for bio i feel like there is so much...but perhaps rather than go through teh big TPR book again, rest will allow everything to come to me more easily on saturday? :rolleyes: not sure. never tried this whole "don't study right before the exam" thing for my regular exams.

but last year i was studying until 5 pm the friday before the mcat. that didn't seem to work either. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

:) its 48 hours left before an exam ... my nervous system is starting to act .. it this point you cant do much ... u just have to relax and go in to a test with a fresh mind ...just go over everything one more time and that is it ... personally i am going to the pool today for a couple of hours just a relax ..

bananaboat said:
i really want to throw in the towel...but i feel like if i don't review everything will just escape my head. obviously, this is irrational.

i feel like i want to just keep reviewing orgo until everything is solidified...but that will never happen. perhaps i'm better of just going through my orgo flashcards.

for bio i feel like there is so much...but perhaps rather than go through teh big TPR book again, rest will allow everything to come to me more easily on saturday? :rolleyes: not sure. never tried this whole "don't study right before the exam" thing for my regular exams.

but last year i was studying until 5 pm the friday before the mcat. that didn't seem to work either. :laugh:

if u like u can do some light reviewing..otherwise i would just enjoy these last days ;) i remember i didnt study for a week..and then i took aamc test 9 and scored the highest score i've ever had. i think taking it easy will clear out your head so you are energized for saturday. i think cramming more now will just make you more anxious and that anxiety is only going to hold you back...relax and good luck!

bananaboat said:

Today I'm just working a few more problems from TPR Science Workbook, taking a few more EK Verbal Exams, and reviewing organic, formulas, and basic concepts. Tomorrow I need to relax so I can pack my MCAT bag and not forget anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaboat said:

Put down the book. You are either ready or not. Being rested and relaxed will get you more points than studying to the end and getting yourself keyed up more. Good luck and remember to think through the test. The MCAT is more a reasoning test than just a question and answer test.

I feel the same way. I've been studying nonstop for the past 2 months.

Today I started to do AAMC 8 PS, when I realized 1.2 hours into the test, I spaced out on one of the passages without knowing it for 15 minutes. It's time to throw in the towel. You can't force your mind to work they way you want it to even though you don't feel prepared enuf and that the time being spent not studying will equal 2 points less on the exam. You will not accomplish anything, if anything it will probably backfire. So just take a break and watch a movie, and let your mind chill. After that episode I decided enough is enough. I did all I can, My scores aren't that great but it will be worse when I have a headache from all the "studying" up to the exam that will equivocate to a test that will look like greek heiroglyphics. Good luck :)