How to study 100 page Psych/Soc notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

for the 100 page psychology and sociology notes based on KA am I suppose to memorize everything on there to be successful and or just read the stuff over and over again to get the ideas and everything in my head?

Members don't see this ad.

I used Anki and made a card for every single term. I set it to 50 new cards, 100 old cards per day. I did it every day I studied until the day before the test and P/S was my highest section (131).

Edit: Two years later, now an M1, don't use these restriction settings. Leave new and review uncapped (set each to 9999). Also, if you really want to optimize it (imo), consider changing your learning steps to "25 1440" and then set the graduating interval to 3 days (these are similar to what I use now, I just have an extra learning step).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I used Anki and made a card for every single term. I set it to 50 new cards, 100 old cards per day. I did it every day I studied until the day before the test and P/S was my highest section (131).
How many total cards did you make? You also use the 100 page notes?

Members don't see this ad :)
The 300 page document is more comprehensive. I really enjoyed all the mnemonics and pictures. Definitely memorize this document cold since it follows the AAMC content guide to the T. Try to come up with your own personal example for all of the terms and be able to apply them to new examples.

Reactions: 2 users
@toedrag appreciate you like my wild made up mnemonics (and others that I found)online). I felt like I needed them to retain the material. Agree with your advice on applying terms to examples/situations you make up on your own (or to your life).
The notes are bet used in conjunction with the videos if you have the time.

First of all THANK YOU!
Second, videos??? Are you talking about the Khan Academy video on Psych???

Reactions: 1 users
@toedrag appreciate you like my wild made up mnemonics (and others that I found)online). I felt like I needed them to retain the material. Agree with your advice on applying terms to examples/situations you make up on your own (or to your life).

The notes are best used in conjunction with the videos if you have the time.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for that guide. It is seriously the best thing out there and the mnemonics are straight up gold. I pulled a 130 on that section and no way I get that high without your help.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a problem @PlsLetMeIn21 !! I put in a ton of work creating it as comprehensive as I could since everything else was kind blah on the market and I wanted one place i could refer back to everything I needed for Psych. Some of the mnemonics I took from online sources, and some I made up! Mnemonics were my life line for my MCAT.

Hope you got a 132 on P/S ;)

Why 100 pages?

Use 300 pages, read better, more examples, easier to digest, easier to retain, covers more areas to get to 132 !

Reactions: 1 users
Not a problem @PlsLetMeIn21 !! I put in a ton of work creating it as comprehensive as I could since everything else was kind blah on the market and I wanted one place i could refer back to everything I needed for Psych. Some of the mnemonics I took from online sources, and some I made up! Mnemonics were my life line for my MCAT.

I saw that you have a 285pg notes and a 292pg notes. Is the 292pg one just a more updated version?

Use the 86pg document in conjunction with anki cards. Do the anki religiously everyday. Also practice with UWORLD p/s passages, which are really good. That, and aamc stuff is all I did to get a 132 p/s (0 background in p/s prior).