How to tell if contract for job offer is binding or nonbinding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globalruns

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am just wondering how you can tell if the contract for a job offer is binding or nonbinding? In responding to an offer at the end of the digital signature it cites by the online signature, this contract is binding. But what exactly is the penalty for breaking this contract?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I am just wondering how you can tell if the contract for a job offer is binding or nonbinding? In responding to an offer at the end of the digital signature it cites by the online signature, this contract is binding. But what exactly is the penalty for breaking this contract?
Penalty for the employer or employee?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a great idea - READ THE CONTRACT! it will say what the penalty is for both sides

are these the types of people actually graduating from pharmacy school? geesh

Reactions: 1 user
Most employment in the US is at will. The only thing I can think of is if you receive benefits outside of regular wages, such as relocation assistance or a sign on bonus, you may be required to repay those (plus interest?) if you don't fulfill the terms of your contract.

Of course, you might not be on the best of terms with the company anymore if you sign the contract and back out of it, but I'm don't think you can be penalized any more than what I stated above.