General Admissions & OTCAS How to thank LOR writers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1Lath

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting letters of recommendation was easily the most stressful part of applying to OT school for me. I'm very shy and due to my schedule last year, I had very little time to make connections before asking for LOR's. Since my writers did not know me well, I really appreciate that they took the time to do this for me. I was wondering what would be a good way to thank them and show them that I truly appreciate that they helped me.

Members don't see this ad.

Getting letters of recommendation was easily the most stressful part of applying to OT school for me. I'm very shy and due to my schedule last year, I had very little time to make connections before asking for LOR's. Since my writers did not know me well, I really appreciate that they took the time to do this for me. I was wondering what would be a good way to thank them and show them that I truly appreciate that they helped me.
I made cookies for one of mine. He loved them.

I made cookies for one of mine. He loved them.

Awesome. There is a beans to bar chocolate place near my parent's house and one thought I had was to pick up truffles for my writers.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome. There is a beans to bar chocolate place near my parent's house and one thought I had was to pick up truffles for my writers.
I also got some flowers for my OT. I don’t think anything is ever expected, so anything is really sweet.

I sent update emails after applying & made sure they were the first to know that I was accepted. I sent heartfelt thank you emails. I think anything more would have been awkward based on the relationship I have with them. 2 of the 4 are professors at the CC where I'm taking prereques, one of which I have again this semester. I even emailed a status updated to the 5th LOR that forgot to do it. Google said it was good etiquette, you never know if they could be helpful in the future....

Reactions: 1 user