How to use loans during vet schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tamsin21

Illinois c/o 2021!!!
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am submitting my VMCAS in the next few weeks, and trying to look ahead at the school I am applying to. I was wondering if anyone could help explain how loans covering your cost of living come to the student. I am used to an end or middle of the semester check, but that seems incorrect for vet school loans. Is it a stipend type of repayment or one lump sum at the beginning of the semester??? I am trying to make sure I will have enough saved until loan money comes through to afford moving and living expenses, and knowing when tot expect loan money would help tremendously. Thank you for all those who reply!!!