How to use USMLERX and UWORLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamikaze1992

Moew
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have STEP 1 scheduled in roughly Februaryish.
I have UWORLD Q banks and am thinking about purchasing USMLErx. I want to save UWORLD for the dedicated study period before February.
I'm not sure if I purchase USMLErx, and use it in the dedicated study period along with UWORLD, will I be overloaded? Another option that I'm considering is to purchase the USMLErx subscription now and do them on the go before the study period and reviewed them while taking class.

Can anyone weight in on the pros and cons.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Another option that I'm considering is to purchase the USMLErx subscription now and do them on the go before the study period and reviewed them while taking class.
This is the best option along with FA & Pathoma/Sketchy etc.
Dedicated should strictly be for UW & revisions

Purchase USMLERx if you think it is necessary, but try getting through it before dedicated study to see what kind of pace you can keep while doing questions. Kaplan Qbank is another option. Do some other Qbank before UWORLD, however, do UWORLD when you feel comfortable doing so. It is fine doing UWORLD before dedicated study.

Personally, I get through Qbanks slowly but thoroughly, like 2 blocks a day (3 if I really push it). If you are like me, if you wait to do UWORLD during dedicated, you may not get through it in 6 weeks time.