How was "Buzzword for the Boards"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G-Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How high yield was the book "Buzzword for the Boards"? Did any of you have great success with "Buzzwords for the Boards" ... or, was it low yield. I have heard many mixed reports.

Members don't see this ad.

First, thanks for your post on the other thread. I hope you enjoyed meeting the authors. They were thrilled to be there. If you have any other ideas on how LWW can give back to students, let me know.

Buzzwords is a great book for the end of the day when you are too tired to do "real" studying, or you have a couple of minutes. Think of the question part of Buzzwords as the stems (the stem is the question part of a clinical vignette) on the clinical vignettes that you'll see.

If you use the book a couple of minutes here and there, I think you will find that you can go through it twice in four weeks. It will help reinforce key concepts. This should not replace any of your other sources of questions like medrevu, Q-bank or the NMS or Board Simulator books.

If you study with a group, it also make a good way to quiz each other.

-Scott

I would avoid Buzzwords at all costs! It is FULL of errors! I emailed the publishers and asked them if they could provide corrections, maybe on a website or whatever, and got no reply. What good is the book if you're never really sure which answers are correct?

Hi KD,

I actually handle all of the review products for LWW. If you sent a message, I never received it and apologize that no one got back to you. If you have questions about the text, feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I can contact the author to verify questions. Student feedback is crucial to the success of textbooks, if it be to point out errors or ask for additional coverage in certain areas, and I appreciate hearing from you. In the past, I have received corrections from students on other texts but I have not heard about errors in the current edition of Buzzwords. More importantly, LWW is working with Dr. Reinheimer on a new edition.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks!

Scott
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins