How will I ever make it as a RXcist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cystapharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how does one deal with the "memorize it to take the exam then forget it" syndrome in pharmacy school? That's the only effective way I learn now as an undergrad bio major and manage to get As and Bs but in pharmacy school I really can't do this since I'll be practicing it. I passed the PTCB but now I can't remember a single drug with it's MOA, generic equivalency, side effects etc.
My brain can only hold so much with all the new material I'm absorbing on a daily basis in all these upper div sceince classes along with socializing and having to rememeber about my friends probelms and stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

haha. I read that as "How will I ever make it as a Racist"

It's not that hard. It all builds together.

Sleep a lot, get a job so you can apply the information when its fresh, try harder, maybe, I dunno. My brain is the opposite. If I memorize something, it seems to be stuck in there forever...it was just the getting off my ass and studying part that got me.

Members don't see this ad :)
take my advice....just take the time to understand it

don't memorize...b/c sometimes you will forget the easiest topics

Most of the stuff will pop up more than a few times making it easier to remember. Getting a job helps a lot also as you can apply a lot of the stuff.

Never just "memorize", the amount of information presented is so much that you will end up forgetting everything including the easiest stuff. Try to understand the concepts and relate to the bigger picture.

Focus on the overall picture, not so much the detailed specific stuff. I used to have trouble w/multiple choice tests and had to explain to the prof's why I chose answers in order to get credit for the q's, then I started just picking what first came to mind and got more correct answers.

I also read it as racist hahaha

relax you are not going to fail as a pharmacist... and you know more than you think you do!!!