How would you rank these programs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go1981

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.) AE Montefiore
2.) LIJ
3.) Mount Sinai
4.) NYU

If you were/are an applicant, how would you rank order these NY programs?

Members don't see this ad.

1. AE Montefiore
2. LIJ
3. Mt Sinai
4. NYU

the first two are children's hospitals, which in my mind is important
and they are tertiary care centers

last two are just a peds floor in an adult hospital
and they only really service the community, because the really difficult and referral cases get sent to columbia and such

i believe that reputation wise for peds, this would be the order as well?

1.) AE Montefiore
2.) LIJ
3.) Mount Sinai
4.) NYU

If you were/are an applicant, how would you rank order these NY programs?

I would go like so:
1. Monti- I hear great things, its a children's hospital, you'll get great training in the bronx
2. Mount Sinai- Best rep of all four, happy house staff
3. NYU- Best location in the city hands down, 2 golden weekends each month from what I hear
4. LIJ- Great hospital, there are rumblings of unhappiness among house staff but who really knows for sure

This is just my 2 cents, I only interviewed at one of these 4 places and do not intend on going there so yea

Members don't see this ad :)
last two are just a peds floor in an adult hospital
and they only really service the community, because the really difficult and referral cases get sent to columbia and such

wow, clearly you are are uninformed!

my husband and i are trying to get our rank list together...he has job offers in san diego and new haven...we are choosing between these and living separately btw new york/ new haven, choosing just yale or ucsd. any thoughts in the differences btw yale/ucsd...we'd really prefer to not live apart.