How your CVS mySchedule treating you this flu season?

Started by CARph
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CARph

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This past 2 weeks I have been absolutely killed by my 80% or so optimized schedules....phones, drop-off, pick-up, drive-thru all going crazy even during the "non busy hours" between 1pm-4pm which I scheduled less people according to mySchedule optimization....and when doing the schedule for the first week of 2018 the system's projected "demand hours" are 80 hours less than the last week of 2017. This is just insanity. If I try to schedule more than 1 tech after 7pm I'm having overage and the optimization does down and it's simply not possible to get anything done when there's just 1 pharmacist and 1 tech and you're trying to help with phones/drop off/pick up/drive-thru! It's so frustrating!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you work for a 3 letter chain, you should be well aware of how flawed the system/IT is.
Sounds like your typical CVS turns into a "zoo" by rush hour. I would strongly urge you to bring this up with PIC on how to strategize this best.

This is not an easy fix; best to not let QT get out of hand early on to avoid problems trickling down & train up any new hire techs if needed to be more versatile jumping from station to station. See if you can get a store front person to help cover pick up.

RPh might have to do production, phones, drop off, & QV if not already (I commonly have to do this on weekends/holidays, & those days "blessed" with call outs galore or when stuck solo with new hires without any training):bang:
 
Last edited:
upload_2017-12-22_10-35-35.png


Found this ironic to have CVS advertise to get flu shot on the SDN thread that complain about flu shots !
 
Well, I heard by janurary, wecare is not gonna be measured anymore. They just gonna focus on my customer experience. So let the Pharmacy blew up...
 
According to my manager, They gonna have bigger portion on my customer experience, scheduling optimization is gonna be counted( bc all they care about is Cvs saving money), and stupid scriptsync is gonna count much larger than its now. I think wecare such as ready when promised is just gonna tone down
 
According to my manager, They gonna have bigger portion on my customer experience, scheduling optimization is gonna be counted( bc all they care about is Cvs saving money), and stupid scriptsync is gonna count much larger than its now. I think wecare such as ready when promised is just gonna tone down

Ugh ScriptSynch... not worth all the hassle it takes
 
Try to get some overtime? I heard that CVS isn't being so strict about extra hours anymore
I have been....til the new 2018 "District Leader" starts to write me up for having all these rph OT....it's an impossible condition we're put into....stick to the "optimized schedule" and getting everything done without any OT....
 
MySchedule is absolute trash. Please don't waste your time trying to optimize that crap. Prioritize on more important things.
The thing is the new "District Leader" has made it clear that we must achieve 85% mySchedule optimization and it is NOT an option. My feeling is he will be writing people up if we don't stick to the 85%.
 
Every DM/SUP threatens to write up everyone for XYZ, but then everyone ignores their impossible requirement and no one gets written up except those who really screw up the pharmacy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The thing is the new "District Leader" has made it clear that we must achieve 85% mySchedule optimization and it is NOT an option. My feeling is he will be writing people up if we don't stick to the 85%.

CVS has OT for Rph?
 
Every DM/SUP threatens to write up everyone for XYZ, but then everyone ignores their impossible requirement and no one gets written up except those who really screw up the pharmacy.
Sounds like a great place to work lol

>Instill fear based on not meeting impossible metrics
>Instill lack of fear after enforcement never happens
>Suddenly enforce policies and note lack of performance during review period
 
i bet you those district leaders haven't even worked with Myscehdule first hand, they just spew stats on how optimization helps workflow and efficiency based on a 30 minute online course they were required to take and maybe a printed handout. When in real work situations it never does what its supposed to, just like every program they roll out ( like Scriptsync- I had days where the system literally filled 1 tab as a sriptsync fill)
 
This past 2 weeks I have been absolutely killed by my 80% or so optimized schedules....phones, drop-off, pick-up, drive-thru all going crazy even during the "non busy hours" between 1pm-4pm which I scheduled less people according to mySchedule optimization....and when doing the schedule for the first week of 2018 the system's projected "demand hours" are 80 hours less than the last week of 2017. This is just insanity. If I try to schedule more than 1 tech after 7pm I'm having overage and the optimization does down and it's simply not possible to get anything done when there's just 1 pharmacist and 1 tech and you're trying to help with phones/drop off/pick up/drive-thru! It's so frustrating!

Weird, I got killed in December and then my hours jumped 50-60 in 2018. If you send me pictures of your over and shorts graph each day of the week 2 weeks out I can look at it and maybe give you ways to fudge it and still be optimized
 
Don't you guys get a "tech budget" that you can schedule to meet demands of the business? IOW, if you've been doing this for a while, you should be know when your busy times are (usually 10 to noon and 4 to 7) and schedule accordingly instead of a computing program telling when people should be there.
 
Don't you guys get a "tech budget" that you can schedule to meet demands of the business? IOW, if you've been doing this for a while, you should be know when your busy times are (usually 10 to noon and 4 to 7) and schedule accordingly instead of a computing program telling when people should be there.

You would think so, but no. The computer knows best. It makes a lot of assumptions about workflow though.