Howard Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,
I spoke to Mrs. Walk recently and I my understanding was that interview offers should be sent out in the next few days. I hope some of you get an interview. I'll keep hoping...Best wishes to all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I spoke to Mrs. Walk recently and I my understanding was that interview offers should be sent out in the next few days. I hope some of you get an interview. I'll keep hoping...Best wishes to all :)

lol, that means I will obsessively pray and check my email for the rest of the week!

Lys

lol, that means I will obsessively pray and check my email for the rest of the week!

Lys
ditto! :D

Edit: Ok, so in the pre-allo thread there are all these people who got the email that goes out around now saying that interviews go through april, but end around may, and if you don'thear by mid may for an interview you'll get the rejection in june...well I didn't get the email, and since I believe that HU rejects people only in june or after an interview (if they are going to reject you). So by not getting this email could I (and anyone else who didn't get the email) be getting an interview invite soon????? I'm over here totally trippin!!!! I got this email in prvious years (3/7 in '07, and 4/6 in '06)...aaaaand as we can see not so positive. ;) but I'm open to this being a new year, new application. Any thoughts?

shippudenfan/sairam84/Dr.2be/Lys/ did any of you get the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you talking about Match lists for residency or for pre-med?
residency, but since the same person at HUCM deals w/ Match for 4th years and pre-med admissions, pre-med admissions might have been slowed during this process.
Does anyone know if there is a day people have to drop multiple acceptances?
May 15th

Edit: Ok, so in the pre-allo thread there are all these people who got the email that goes out around now saying that interviews go through april, but end around may, and if you don'thear by mid may for an interview you'll get the rejection in june...well I didn't get the email, and since I believe that HU rejects people only in june or after an interview (if they are going to reject you). So by not getting this email could I (and anyone else who didn't get the email) be getting an interview invite soon????? I'm over here totally trippin!!!! I got this email in prvious years (3/7 in '07, and 4/6 in '06)...aaaaand as we can see not so positive. ;) but I'm open to this being a new year, new application. Any thoughts?

no email here.

Good luck UVABranch! All of us are praying for you to get your wish.

Alan

thank you alan! you too Labelfree ;) You all would make fabulous classmates!!

Okay so i called today because i had a question, and they told me they had mailed out my decision today, and right before she hung up i was like wait! you can't tell me what it was over the phone can you? and she said "oh, yes, i'm sorry, it was an acceptance!!" AHHHHH i got in to Howard!!!! Good luck to everyone else who wants it, i really really liked it there.

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

No, didn't get any emails...but you just made my day UVABranch! Some good news at last (at this point, I don't even mind that it is very, very, little good news).

Good luck to us guys!!!

congrats jetxiu!!!!!!!!!!!

No, didn't get any emails...but you just made my day UVABranch! Some good news at last (at this point, I don't even mind that it is very, very, little good news).

Good luck to us guys!!!
well my bubble just popped :-\ I just got the pre interview hold email :(

Hello,
I spoke to Mrs. Walk recently and I my understanding was that interview offers should be sent out in the next few days.

are interviews offered via EMAIL or snail mail?

i got the email. is this a bad sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have not heard anything from Howard either. At this point I am not expecting anything. I suppose I just wait and hear from the places I already interviewed at.

I got the e-mail too, what does this mean and what are my chances of getting an interview now?

residency, but since the same person at HUCM deals w/ Match for 4th years and pre-med admissions, pre-med admissions might have been slowed during this process.

May 15th

Thanks for the info!

I also heard April 15 for the schools that start in July.

Thanks for the info!

I also heard April 15 for the schools that start in July.
yep that's true.

look for NJBMD's response to the HU pre interview hold in pre allo. The interview will come via email. G'luck to us all!

Hey guys, I just saw that I got the email too. Oh well, maybe next year :(.

I got the email to. Maybe it's a good sign (staying optimistic).

Does this mean a rejection?

RE: NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION REVIEW

I got the same email today as well from Ms. Walk. The email basically mean your application is on hold until further notice. I have recieved similar emails from other schools, apparently this is quite common, for schools to constantly evaluate and then re-evaluate applications until the class is filled.
i think if and when people choose to go to other schools then slots open up at Howard for interviews. I have heard this is how the process goes. Unfortunately many look at Howard as safety school so things open up late in the game. Stay patient!

i am pretty sure that everyone who hasn't been offered an interview yet recieved this email. At least, everyone on SDN has, and i don't think that's a coincidence. I don't think it's saying you're on hold, it's just letting you know that they are still sending out invites, and if you haven't heard by X date then don't expect to, but don't worry till then. Good luck to everyone but i think you should all calm down and breathe, it's not a hold if every single person is on it. :luck:

i am pretty sure that everyone who hasn't been offered an interview yet recieved this email. At least, everyone on SDN has, and i don't think that's a coincidence. I don't think it's saying you're on hold, it's just letting you know that they are still sending out invites, and if you haven't heard by X date then don't expect to, but don't worry till then. Good luck to everyone but i think you should all calm down and breathe, it's not a hold if every single person is on it. :luck:

Thanks aaj117, I sincerely hope so. Is there anyone out there who didn't receive this email?

I got the email too, this morning.

I think aaj is correct to an extent...with the process being somewhat based on each individual, there are some things that end up being more likely than not. It probably isn't an official hold, but rather letting us know that we are still under review. I think NJBMD however suggested that if she had received this email she would start planning for the next application cycle, and thinking about how to improve your app. there are totally people who get interviews in march and April, and naturally I'm praying that we all are fortunate/blessed enough to be one of them, but in my experience, this has not happened (duh, because I'm still a 29 yr old pre-med, LOL). Anyway, no sense in giving up hope just yet...If by mid-may there's no interview offer then it's a wrap, but there's plenty of time between now and then. So everyone still hoping stay focused, and keep ur head up ;)

On that note...anyone get an interview offer per Dr.2be's update??

I got the email too on Thursday. After months of silence i was glad to get something anything. But ya'll popped my bubble. Now im gonna have to drown my sorrows in a keg of Moonshine!!!!!
There goes my Weekend:eek:

I got the email too on Thursday. After months of silence i was glad to get something anything. But ya'll popped my bubble. Now im gonna have to drown my sorrows in a keg of Moonshine!!!!!
There goes my Weekend:eek:

It's okay. It looks like we all got this email and we're all still in the same boat.

Seriously, if anyone out there hasn't gotten the email and is still waiting for an interview, please post or pm me.

to all of you that got accepted congrats,i just got my interview on friday and got accepted on monday. I look forward to seeing my new classmates in the future. To those that are still waiting i will pray for you guys cause we all know that this application process in very mind taxing

to all of you that got accepted congrats,i just got my interview on friday and got accepted on monday. I look forward to seeing my new classmates in the future. To those that are still waiting i will pray for you guys cause we all know that this application process in very mind taxing
congrats Trini! Were you accepted to the dental school or medical school?

hey I am a new member, I got the same email from howard last week also

I think everyone has that same forlorn feeling I have about Howard and medical school in general. I know the admissions process is not personal, and the weaknesses in my application are my own. Regardless, to hell with schools not showing me love.

Congratulations Trini!!! Also, I was wondering when you were invited for interview?

To all the rest of us, this is our week...I can feel it guys!!! (I've decided that I'm going to stay positive if it kills me :) )

I think everyone has that same forlorn feeling I have about Howard and medical school in general. I know the admissions process is not personal, and the weaknesses in my application are my own. Regardless, to hell with schools not showing me love.

That is too funny akhilles604; My rational side agrees with you but my irrational side says that this is personal LOL. I mean my hair falling out, I can't sleep...etc...anyways....Any other Healthcare workers(RN,RRT etc) applying to Med school this cycle? Stay positive though. HUCOM is one of my top choices though.
The point im trying to make is: KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!:p

Any interviews or even holds yet akhilles604

Yeah i have had a few. Check personal message

Hi guys i got my interview for dental school, and i am happy about that. My stats were 3.32 gpa in math. 3.01 science. 17 on dat 19bio, 20orgo, 17chem,18pat,15eng,16math. I submitted my app.in January with no clinical experience(had to work full time)and got the interview last week and got accepted. I am only putting this here to encourage somebody about their own stats. What is meant for you will be for you and nobody can take that away. Many of you will make great dentists and now you just need an opportunity to prove yourself. For the interview please just be yourself and be honest as to why you want to be a dentist,everything happens for a reason. For those that are still waiting don't give up,just keep the faith nobody can stop you from fulfilling your dreams. good luck to all. ps Howard was my first choice. Let me know you else got accepted and how are they going to find housing. triniflavor out.

Hey guys. Just wanted to send out a lifeline to everyone. I got an interview invite from HUCM yesterday. I am set for March 25. Finally:). I am very excited about this interview. I just hope my chances are good now that I have this interview. My source for 2005-2006 says Interviewed=369 Accepted=243 Enrolled=116. Not too bad. I don't know what the new stats are. I was curious if anyone knows about 2006-2006? Honestly though, can't worry about that anyway I suppose, because this seems like a crazy application year. Well, I am sending out positive energy to you all. Can ya feel me?!?!

Hey guys. Just wanted to send out a lifeline to everyone. I got an interview invite from HUCM yesterday. I am set for March 25. Finally:). I am very excited about this interview. I just hope my chances are good now that I have this interview. My source for 2005-2006 says Interviewed=369 Accepted=243 Enrolled=116. Not too bad. I don't know what the new stats are. I was curious if anyone knows about 2006-2006? Honestly though, can't worry about that anyway I suppose, because this seems like a crazy application year. Well, I am sending out positive energy to you all. Can ya feel me?!?!
I feel you! Thanks for the info and G'luck on your interview :) :luck:

gmatt95 good luck on your interview but remember to just be yourself . the process is really laid back and relax trust me on that,remember they see something in your profile that they want to know more about so don't change it. uvabranch i do hope that you got into dental school

Congrats to you and thanks for the advice Triniflavor. It is alot easier to be yourself for sure. I will definitely do that. Thanks UVAbranch. We will see where this all goes. We will probably remember this admissions experience as one mish-mashed and confused blur once we are all practicing physicians and dentists.

That's great news, it gives me some hope. :) Good luck on your interview! :luck:

u found housing?
Hi guys i got my interview for dental school, and i am happy about that. My stats were 3.32 gpa in math. 3.01 science. 17 on dat 19bio, 20orgo, 17chem,18pat,15eng,16math. I submitted my app.in January with no clinical experience(had to work full time)and got the interview last week and got accepted. I am only putting this here to encourage somebody about their own stats. What is meant for you will be for you and nobody can take that away. Many of you will make great dentists and now you just need an opportunity to prove yourself. For the interview please just be yourself and be honest as to why you want to be a dentist,everything happens for a reason. For those that are still waiting don't give up,just keep the faith nobody can stop you from fulfilling your dreams. good luck to all. ps Howard was my first choice. Let me know you else got accepted and how are they going to find housing. triniflavor out.

Hey guys. Just wanted to send out a lifeline to everyone. I got an interview invite from HUCM yesterday. I am set for March 25. Finally:).

me tooo! I was just offered an interview for either the 25th ot 26th At HUCM today. I CANNOT believe it, after all this praying and hoping, and updates I'm one step closer. Howard really is my first choice:love:, I'm already here, my fam has attended other schools in the Univ, and I have a solid network/support system in place. gmatt I haven't recieved my confirmation but maybe we'll be interviewing together :-D

I'll look tonight for the 06/07 interview/acceptance/matric stats and post for you.

Since I know I would want to know here's what some may be asking
I'm a non trad student finsihing my MPH (just my masters thesis), taking postbac classes a la carte. I was complete early december, invted todat for an interview either 3/25 or 3/26

Thaks to everyone who has been soooo supportive in this process, needless to say I'll keep you posted ;)

me tooo! I was just offered an interview for either the 25th ot 26th At HUCM today. I CANNOT believe it, after all this praying and hoping, and updates I'm one step closer. Howard really is my first choice:love:, I'm already here, my fam has attended other schools in the Univ, and I have a solid network/support system in place. gmatt I haven't recieved my confirmation but maybe we'll be interviewing together :-D

I'll look tonight for the 06/07 interview/acceptance/matric stats and post for you.

I'm a non trad student finsihing my MPH (just my masters thesis), taking postbac classes a la carte. I was complete early december, invted todat for an interview either 3/25 or 3/26

Thaks to everyone who has been soooo supportive in this process, needless to say I'll keep you posted ;)

Congrats!

I'm happy for you UVABranch! I just know you're gonna rock their world.

Best wishes, and make sure you put in the good word for me!

Congrats UVABranch! I know that not only me but everyone here are happy and praying for you! :)

Congrats UVABranch! Good luck to you too :luck:...and the rest of us still waiting.

Okay so i think this might be the '05-'06, not totally sure, but in my US News it says: Applied 4,131 Interviewed 369, accepted 243 enrolled 116

Congrats UVABranch! Believe it. I had not a doubt that you would get that interview. I hope that you get the 25th because I will be up in the place for sure. I am a non-traditional student as well and took my pre-reqs a la carte_nice and smooth. So I understand where you are coming from:).

I was raised in Georgia, did undergraduate and Tulane University, spent some time at the University of Maryland School of Law at Baltimore_long story, little time. My parents now live and Bel Air, MD and family and friends are right in D.C. so I also have a great support network. Right now, I live in Macon, GA. I cannot wait to get to D.C….to HUCM!