Howard Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
me tooo! I was just offered an interview for either the 25th ot 26th At HUCM today. I CANNOT believe it, after all this praying and hoping, and updates I'm one step closer. Howard really is my first choice, I'm already here, my fam has attended other schools in the Univ, and I have a solid network/support system in place. gmatt I haven't recieved my confirmation but maybe we'll be interviewing together :-D

I'll look tonight for the 06/07 interview/acceptance/matric stats and post for you.

Since I know I would want to know here's what some may be asking
I'm a non trad student finsihing my MPH (just my masters thesis), taking postbac classes a la carte. I was complete early december, invted todat for an interview either 3/25 or 3/26

Thaks to everyone who has been soooo supportive in this process, needless to say I'll keep you posted

YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: i am soooo very happy for you... i knew it!!!....someone can't want something this badly and not get it....just go in there and show them how much you want it...you are going to be great....goood luck!!! and congrats !!!!

congrats to gmatt as well!!!!:luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!
Thank you! I wasn't sure I'd be here but I'm going to give it all I've got at this point.
I'm happy for you UVABranch! I just know you're gonna rock their world.

Best wishes, and make sure you put in the good word for me!
Thanks shippudenfan. I'm trying to rock their universe ;) Let me know if you (or anyone else) wants me to ask questions while I'm there...I know information is power :thumbup:
Congrats UVABranch! I know that not only me but everyone here are happy and praying for you! :)
Aww thanks Alan! It has meant a lot to have my SDN family be so supportive during this crazy process. But don't stop praying I'm not in just yet, I'll take all the help I can get :laugh:
Congrats UVABranch! Good luck to you too :luck:...and the rest of us still waiting.
Right back at you :luck: You and shippudenfan should send them updates if you have something going on...it can't hurt since we're kinda late in the game.
wow...congrats! thats very exciting! yay!:)
Thanks, I know! It's sureal, but I'm really excited.
Okay so i think this might be the '05-'06, not totally sure, but in my US News it says: Applied 4,131 Interviewed 369, accepted 243 enrolled 116
Thanks for the congrats on other threads aaj! I was like I'm going to post everywhere on SDN. LOL.

My MSAR has the following info for 2006-2007
Applied: 4591
interviewed: 328 (25 were International applicants)
Deferred:3
Matriculated:118

So it looks like a little less than 50% of the interviewees matriculate. Even though it doesn't say how many were accepted out of that group, I'll take those odds :thumbup:

Congrats UVABranch! Believe it. I had not a doubt that you would get that interview. I hope that you get the 25th because I will be up in the place for sure. I am a non-traditional student as well and took my pre-reqs a la carte_nice and smooth. So I understand where you are coming from:).

I was raised in Georgia, did undergraduate and Tulane University, spent some time at the University of Maryland School of Law at Baltimore_long story, little time. My parents now live and Bel Air, MD and family and friends are right in D.C. so I also have a great support network. Right now, I live in Macon, GA. I cannot wait to get to D.C….to HUCM!

I got the confirmation today, so I'll be there on the 25th! My story is long too, so we can chat after things are done if you want. ;) I'm going to the SNMA conference the weekend before (and Philly for Easter Sunday), so it'll be a busy time leading up to the day, but I do best under pressure. I hope I get a late interview because I want to attend the Fin Aid session since I haven't been to one.

Thanks again everyone!

YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: i am soooo very happy for you... i knew it!!!....someone can't want something this badly and not get it....just go in there and show them how much you want it...you are going to be great....goood luck!!! and congrats !!!!

congrats to gmatt as well!!!!:luck::luck:
Thanks DancinRN your post made me smile! That's my plan, to show them how badly I want this, and for how long. Hopefully my passion will show through. Needless today I'm starting to prep tonight, so I can be as prepared as possible 2 weeks from now!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats UVABranch!!! i'm so happy for you!!! this time when i saw that you were the last one to post, you got an interview!!!!!!!! YAY! well deserved! good luck! i know you'll do extremely well!

Congrats UVABranch and gmatt95! You will make fine Bisons! Rock that interview and enjoy yourself! Howard is an awesome place to attend medical school. It's a very supportive atmosphere and loads of great preceptors. You will feel a sense of history as soon as you hit the door.

UVABranch, you're too sweet. I can't believe that you replied to everyone of our posts! I think you should make it a point to tell your interviewer (esp. if its Ms.Walk) that you're on SDN and give them your user name. I'm pretty sure that if they've ever logged on and looked at this thread, they'll know that you're probably the exact person they've been looking for.

Best wishes again!

Thanks everyone for the congrats and support. I can definitely feel the good vibes:)! I hope HUCM has the same feelings of dedication and support as this forum.

Well alright UVABranch:luck:! I guess I will see you there on the 25th. I am definitely going to enjoy myself on this interview! I will see my parents in Maryland on Easter weekend and interview during the week. BTW, thanks much for the MSAR stats.

Congrats!!!!
GOOD LUCK on the interview :) I am sure you will rock it!!

Just a quick question...did you ever get that email stating that "you application is under review... We continue interviewing through the end of March and to complete interviewing no later than mid-April...and that if you don't get an interview invite by the 15th of April you will get a written rejection in the mail in June/July"?

I got the email on Feb 26th and still have not heard anything. Realistically, does this email mean I am out of luck and most likely going to get a rejection? I am really wishing and praying for Howard. I hope I can get some good news!!
I am a Canadian student and these months of waiting to hear back from schools is killing me!! I really hope to hear something positive.

Congrats!!!!

Just a quick question...did you ever get that email stating that "you application is under review... We continue interviewing through the end of March and to complete interviewing no later than mid-April...and that if you don't get an interview invite by the 15th of April you will get a written rejection in the mail in June/July"?

I got the email on Feb 26th and still have not heard anything. Realistically, does this email mean I am out of luck and most likely going to get a rejection? I am really wishing and praying for Howard. I hope I can get some good news!!
I am a Canadian student and these months of waiting to hear back from schools is killing me!! I really hope to hear something positive.

Hey Onaprayer, welcome to the thread. I think I remember that UVABranch got that dreaded email. Don't worry though, from what I've read on this thread, it looks like we all got that email so it puts us back in the same boat.

Hey hey OnAPrayer. I received the email also. Soon after the email I got the invite. The interview slots offered were for the 12th, 25th, and 26th of March. I don't know if the 26th is the last day of interviews. I think the email said mid-April, so lets sit tight and hope you hear something. Maybe they will extend past mid-April depending. Who knows:cool:.

Thanks guys!!
I feel a little better :) *Phew*
I will keep you guys posted with updates.
Good luck to all those with interviews! :thumbup:

Congrats!!!!

well here's the thing...HUCM only interviews a little less than 10% of applicants, and they stop in April/May, so in general it's not ideal, but on the positive side gmatt and I also got the email and we were offered interviews. All that means don't give up hope :) But you should still work on plan B, I am. Although I am praying I won't need it...there aren't as many options later down the line (like application deadlines pass, etc). G'luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats UVABranch and gmatt. Redundant, but you guys are really going to enjoy HUCOM. As everyone one else, I can't emphasize enough how great their support system is. You guys will really love the library. We didn't tour it when I interviewed but I took it upon myself to give myself a tour when aaj mentioned how great it was. Visit it if you get the chance. Best of luck on the interview.

Thanks DocI. I did see info on the website about the library. It looks spectacular. I am definitely going to check it out. I'm also really looking forward to sitting in on one of the classes and talking to students about the first year curriculum and the best review books. I know I'm putting the cart before the horse_I gotta get in first_but I'm anxious and raring to go! All I need is the green light and I am straight:).

well here's the thing...HUCM only interviews a little less than 10% of applicants, and they stop in April/May, so in general it's not ideal, but on the positive side gmatt and I also got the email and we were offered interviews. All that means don't give up hope :) But you should still work on plan B, I am. Although I am praying I won't need it...there aren't as many options later down the line (like application deadlines pass, etc). G'luck :luck:

Let me give you the postive: Howard accepts a very large portion (larger than any other medical school) of the people that they interview. They waitlist very few people and reject even fewer of those who interview. If you got the interview, you have an excellent chance of getting accepted. (Along that vein, take your information along so you can fill out Financial Aid when you are there.)

Thanks DocI. I did see info on the website about the library. It looks spectacular. I am definitely going to check it out. I'm also really looking forward to sitting in on one of the classes and talking to students about the first year curriculum and the best review books. I know I'm putting the cart before the horse_I gotta get in first_but I'm anxious and raring to go! All I need is the green light and I am straight:).

I used to climb up into the top of that dome and study for my courses. I helped dedicate that new library when I was a student there. Got to hang out with Dr. Ben Carson too. Howard is absolutely a wonderful place to attend medical school and excel and I know you and UVABranch will do. You can just feel the history as you walk through the halls there. Dr. Daniel Hale Williams and Dr. Charles Drew will be looking over your shoulders. Enjoy your day and be positive because you have a good shot at being a member of the HUCM Class of 2012!

thanks for the info! That's another reason I really like HU, it the history! My family's history is a part of the Univ at large, but as an AA the graduates that came before me represent my history too. I'm really excited about the interview, and I'm going to use the SNMA mock interviews as another way to practice. Will you be in NYC tomorrow NJB?

The 15th of March has passed and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything from Howard.

The 15th of March has passed and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything from Howard.

Same here, I haven't heard anything from Howard. I called and Ms. Walk said the class is quite tight right now, so they haven't sent out letters of acceptance yet. Best of luck for us!

UVABranch don't leave us in suspense, how was your interview? wishing you luck :luck::luck::luck:

For real UVA, I can't wait to hear how your interview went! I know you blew their socks off. Congrats cuz I already know that the Lord did it for you. Speak those things as though they are! God bless.

ARGH! I hate it when that happens! I had written everything then my browser collapsed! Ok, well anyway, thanks for thinking of me you two! :D:D:D I'm sorry I'm not writing sooner but I had class last night and completely fell out when I got home. Well, needless to say I :biglove: LOVED HU! Everyone was right I totally felt the history and loved the fact that you can see the class of 1956 and the class of 1998 all in the same place. *Hopefully* some premed will see my pic up there one day ;) Anyway, the interview day went well. I had enough time to complete my green sheet and answer their questions...although my handwriting isn't the best. There were 8 of us there, so a small group in comparison to what I've heard others say. We went to a 1st yr class and saw by and far one of the most engaging profs I've seen in a long time. I'm sure it comes in handy for those 8 AM lectures! The fin aid/history/mission/overview I'm sure were pretty standard, but I ate it up! We had two students talk to us and give us a tour of the facilities. The library is realllly nice, a lot nicer than the GWU health sciences library, and I loved the views from the windows! The 1st yr student was really helpful and answered all of my questions (and believe me I asked a lot, just ask gmatt ;))! She gave us her contact info so I'm definitely going to KIT. After that Dr. Robinson came in to answer any questions we had. He was really great, very candid, and gave good info. If I get in I would LOVE to have him as my faculty advisor, I can tell he really cares about his students, and stays on top of them to ensure they succeed. That, and he's funny as all get out and our personalities matched.

Ok the interview:
Well....I dunno. I'm such a horrible gauge at these things. In general it went well, and I think he liked me. :scared: When I went up to his office he had not yet had a chance to look over my app, and he was working on a ppt for a seminar and asked me what I knew about the topic. Luckily (rather, thank you God), I know about it and was able to talk with him about some of the stuff since he said "Do you know anything about Bioterrorism? Tell me what I should include in my seminar." <loving my MPH education!> Then after than when he looked at my name, we talked about its origin (my mom claims she made it up, but it's actually a somewhat common Indian name), and its compliment. Pretty interesting. Then he went through my file and asked the standard questions: grade in this class, mcat, postbac. But then he asked if I had questions. Well I wasn't about to let the interview end there, and I had some questions I wanted to ask...so I let it rip. He gave very honest, frank answers about the school, healthcare, and just stuff in general. he said he's been with HUCM for like 40 years which I think is great to have access to that kind of living history about the school, in the school. I used what he brought up to tie in points about myself, my interest in the underserved, and why I :love: HUCM lol. We talked for about an hour, then he walked me down to the admissions office. Everyone had gone by that time, so I just poked my head in and said bye to Ms. Walk (she's the best btw, those applying for next year; she's a good resource). She did mention SDN, so she does have her eye on these forums and this thread ;)

I met Dean Cannon Saturday at the SNMA conference, so she wasn't there for the interview, but she was really nice. She said (as was mentioned in the interview) that we should know in the next 3 weeks or so. Ms. Walk said the class is getting tight, but did not say explicitly that the class was full. She mentioned that last years class was really big and they will be having a class size of about 121 this year. She also said that the most movement (initial acceptances and waitlists) happens around the May 15th deadline because of the number of students holding multiple acceptances, lol, and suggested that we tell our friends to free up spaces, lol. It's all good though, because I'll take an acceptance on July 15th ;) (BTW orientation starts on July 16th). So as to not have another large class they might be waiting longer to send out acceptances, to better gague the actual size of the class and keep it around that 121 number...so for those still waiting you still have a chance!

I honestly, honestly, don't know. There's a part of me that says this is it!! I'm going to get in there no matter what...but I guess to protect myself I'm preparing for the worst. That way at least I can be surprised! Either way I'm hopeful, and I keep praying that God will bring me to HUCM. I totally felt like I fit there, like it just felt right to me. I have another interview coming up in PR for SJB, but I would much rather join the tradition of Howard educated/trained physicians, you know? My interviewer said he has traveled to almost every country in the world, and has always found at least one Howard graduate. That's pretty fab if you ask me. I'll just keep praying, nightly, daily, every hour, all the time basically lol. I'm sending out my thank you letters today so they will have them before I go to the committee for review. Thanks again everyone for all of your support. Hope you decide on HUCM aaj, and B hopefully I'll c u next year. I'll keep you all posted! To those who have decided, I hope I get to join you as class of 2012!!

Last edited:
Dear UVAbranch,

I'm glad that you had an awesome time at Howard. I too did enjoy my visit at Howard. I heard the same thing from Ms. Walk regarding how tight the class size is right now. I'm praying that we both can be classmates and good luck with your upcoming interview. I will have mine in Albany next week also. Regardless the outcome, Howard is still my top choice. Best of luck for both of us!

UVAbranch, that's so awesome! I'm sure you'll get in :) I'm still waiting for an invite. I, too, am in love with Howard! I visited last year when I went to D.C and was really impressed with the school's diversity and commitment to helping those truly in need. Also, since I want to work with the underserved, I think it'll have the best resources for what I want to do in the future (I want to work in primary care, esp. as a pediatrician working with minority and low-income children). Also, an opportunity to go to Howard would allow me to be a part of a culturally diverse environment, something I value since I went to undergrad and currently attend grad school at schools that both have large diverse student bodies. I just really really really hope I get an interview! It would make my year, honestly! Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting on decisions!

dear uva...

i am soo happy ur interview went well... i remember that howard's interview day was a good one...very laid back and it wasn't stressful in the least...i am sure they can sense your enthusiasm and i hope mrs. walk does read this forum then she has to accept you!!!! u have to keep us posted... u have officially been added to my prayer list....

mel:)

I'm so glad your day went well!! Gmatt how about yours?

Anyway I am holding multiple acceptances right now because I honestly CANNOT choose between a couple of schools, and Howard is one of them. I was hoping to get into sinai, in which case i would have dropped all of my other acceptances except stony brook (on the waitlist for that scholarship), but unfortunately i was waitlisted. I promise that the moment i get off that waitlist or make a solid decision, I will withdraw from Howard (if that's the decision haha). the financial aid decisions should help move things along.

Hey everybody. I had a whirlwind of a week. I spent Easter with my family in the MD/DC area and hit my interview during the week. I am definitely super impressed with HUCM. UVA gave the flow of the day just right. It was a nice small group. Ms. Walk did reiterate that the class was tight. But I suppose a bunch of acceptances are not given out yet so I went into my interview giving it my all.
What truly impressed me about HUCM was the level of student support and the tradition on the walls. I want my mug on the wall:D! Anyway, myself and UVABranch had a thousand questions about HUCM_how the year of a MS1 and MS2 would be(where to live, study…)_and they answered all the questions and were qenuinely happy to do so. I have been to another interview and they were not nearly as sincere or helpful. At HUCM The MS2’s help the MS1’s and there seems to be great support for students. Ditto on the Anatomy class_ it was the most engaging class I have ever seen. I did not like the hospital cafeteria though!.
My individual interview was with Ms. Walk! What can I say. She has a sense of humor and presence where you are not quite sure what she is thinking. She has a very cool, smart sense of humor, and has a lot of different interests. She kept me on my toes and started out with a pointed question about my thoughts about a philosophical way of seeing life as described in a book called The Alchemist that I wrote about in my personal statement. That was very cool. She went on to hardball me on my circuitous route to medicine. Nevertheless, we talked about Jazz(Coltrane), classical music(Tchaicovsky and Stravinksi), running, books, other hobbies, music in movies. So she is verrrry nice but she will handle business. It was a very well rounded interview. I don’t know. I think they want to know that students will be coming there, but I know I am set to go HUCM. My other option that I should hear a decision from soon is not the best fit for me curriculum wise or mission wise. I am praying for HUCM:thumbup:.
UVABranch_was all that I thought;). She happened to be sitting right next to me in the conference room. We both wrote a lot on our green info sheets, but UVABranch wrote a ton. Man can she write. I guess we are both wordy and talkative. BTW I hope they can read my hieroglyphics too! Anyways, I hope you get in UVA because you are sincere. A lot of folks here seems like they would be great classmates. Aaj your profile is verrry cool too. This is very tough. I pray all works well for us all:luck:.

dear uva...

i am soo happy ur interview went well... i remember that howard's interview day was a good one...very laid back and it wasn't stressful in the least...i am sure they can sense your enthusiasm and i hope mrs. walk does read this forum then she has to accept you!!!! u have to keep us posted... u have officially been added to my prayer list....

mel:)
:D thank you Mel!! I am praying for an acceptance, so I definitly appreciate any and all additional prayers! I'll also take rain dances, vodo spells, whatever works :) With my Native Am/West Indian/Irish/AA background I'm calling on all ancestors to help give me a spiritual nudge. Have you decided where you're going to go? You have such a good list of schools to choose from! Well even though you wont be at HUCM, if you go to GWU we can still discuss SDN over lunch!

I'm so glad your day went well!! Gmatt how about yours?

Anyway I am holding multiple acceptances right now because I honestly CANNOT choose between a couple of schools, and Howard is one of them. I was hoping to get into sinai, in which case i would have dropped all of my other acceptances except stony brook (on the waitlist for that scholarship), but unfortunately i was waitlisted. I promise that the moment i get off that waitlist or make a solid decision, I will withdraw from Howard (if that's the decision haha). the financial aid decisions should help move things along.
Believe you me I appreciate how finances play a role in this process. You need to make the best decision for you, and the rest will work out. I mean I'll take an acceptance they day of orientation, so take the time you need to do what's right for you. I think HU is the only school I would give up a scholarship for, and it's affordable enough that I won't need 2 jobs in residency to pay back my loans! ;) Both the financial and feeling of belonging are very important factors you have to take into account when making this decision, and I say knowledge is power (albeit corney, but true); and it's not like there are many options if you think you make the wrong decision, so take the time they give you. I hope you get your wish and get off the sinai waitlist. I know you want to go back to NYC, and that's a really good school. I'll keep praying for you!
What truly impressed me about HUCM was the level of student support and the tradition on the walls. I want my mug on the wall:D! Anyway, myself and UVABranch had a thousand questions about HUCM_how the year of a MS1 and MS2 would be(where to live, study&#8230;)_and they answered all the questions and were qenuinely happy to do so. I have been to another interview and they were not nearly as sincere or helpful. At HUCM The MS2's help the MS1's and there seems to be great support for students. I did not like the hospital cafeteria though!.
UVABranch_was all that I thought;). She happened to be sitting right next to me in the conference room. We both wrote a lot on our green info sheets, but UVABranch wrote a ton. Man can she write. I guess we are both wordy and talkative. BTW I hope they can read my hieroglyphics too! Anyways, I hope you get in UVA because you are sincere. A lot of folks here seems like they would be great classmates. Aaj your profile is verrry cool too. This is very tough. I pray all works well for us all:luck:.
gmatt! I'm glad to hear your interview went well! By the time I got back to the conference room, everyone had left :-\ We did ask a lot of questions huh? But I was really glad that they didn't mind answering them, and were really honest in their answers. The caf wasn't that great, but my sandwich was good, and it was REALLY inexpensive...which is a plus. I mean there are a few other places to eat right around there, and more if you walk 4-5 blocks. So for quick food it wasn't too bad ;)

For the green sheet....I figured there was allthis extra space off to the side, that maybe I should take the oportunity to share more about why I :biglove: Howard! :D Actually that one guy from Duke actually wrote more on there after his interview, I guess his interviewer told him he didn't say enough :-\ (copy cat lol!) I hope you get in too gmatt, you are definitly good ppl, and we clearly have some similar traits :)

To everyone waiting for an interview the email said mid April, so don't give up hope! It def took me a while, but I'm closer than I was in the past :-D don't give up!

UVA Branch and GMATT95....
accept prayers all the way from Texas because i am definitely praying for u'all. i feel how bad you guys want it and i know i want it just as bad for class of 2013:love:

U'all will defintely pave the way for many of us here.

to everyone else and wishing you the best in all you do.
i finally registered for the MCAT on friday june 13 @0800. (oh ma God what have i just done!!!:scared:). i really want to have my application complete by july since thats what everyone has been saying.
I will love to be a BISON. The environment is so friendly.

I've been lurking here for a while and just wanted to post stats. I have a 3.84 and 26R. I interviewed at HUCM on January 30. Got placed on the 'strong alternate list' yesterday morning. The e-mail was from Dean Cannon byway of Ms. Walk and it said that the status was due to the 'large number of students currently accepting their offer of admission.' Hope this helps anybody else thats waiting.

I'm in the same situation with kennedyqueen. Hopefully, we all will get the good news soon. In other case, I would like to take this day to remember of Dr. King and his legacy. May all his dreams be realized.

Remember folks, that on May 15th, acceptees holding more than one acceptance have to relinquish all but one acceptance. This usually means that Howard's waitlist moves quite a bit. If you end up on the waitlist, especially before May 15th (and even after), you are still in the running for a seat. Howard can accept folks off the waitlist up until the week of Orientation so make sure that you have a current means of contact listed with them if you are waitlisted. Keep your fingers crossed and keep hoping.

There is still six weeks to May 15th and lots of things will happen between now and then that will move that waitlist. At this point, many schools are still sending out acceptances and many people are still holding multiple acceptances.

Does anyone know if they still interview past April 15th or are they done?

So does anyone know if its April 15 or May 15 for the deadline to choose because Howard is one of the schools that begins in july?

So does anyone know if its April 15 or May 15 for the deadline to choose because Howard is one of the schools that begins in july?
I think it is April 15 since they start in July.

Thanks I did find out that the deadline is definitely April 15. I know I may be jumping the gun since I am still waiting on financial aid but I am already browsing for housing. Does anyone know how much Howard
allots for living expenses room and
board per month??? I
am trying to draw up a potential budget. Thanks a lot.

So... is Howard still giving out interviews? I have a couple of friends who are waiting...

BTW. Ms. Walk seems pretty famous! I've heard her name like 3 times in the past week lol...

The Budget from last year that they gave me on my interview day says 14340 for 10 months for room and board, 2000 for incidentals and 1638 for transportation and 1240 for books and supplies.... They said thats what they calculate our financial aid out of however we can spend less or more as those numbers are not fixed

Does howard accept canadian students that haven't studied in the U.S

Does anyone know if Howard is still sending out invites, or are they pretty much done?

Hi All, no word from HUCM yet, but my app hasn't gone before the committee just yet.

cam:they do accept canadian applicants, but not very many I believe (from MSAR)

Curious: I think their total budget was 44/45k per year (10 months). In DC rents range soooo much such that it will really impact your budget. If you live in MD or VA that can sometimes help too. As for the deadline, it's HU's deadline to make a decision but as NJB said the nat'l deadline is may 15th.

Kennedy: Thanks for the info! When did they first take your app to the adcom?

To all waiting for an interview g'luck...I know they have interviewed past mid april in years past, but this year I can't tell :-\ Either way don't give up, not now, and not if it means applying next year :D

According to the email that most of us received a couple months ago, Howard stops interviewing applicants after April 15.

UVA, i interviewed on jan. 30, my app went to committee on february 28th (they were waitin on my january MCAT score, which i didn't get until feb. 25th) and they finished reviewing it on monday march 10

I GOT IN TODAY!!!!!! I have to attend PARP (which I wanted to do anyway to get the added info), but I'm gonna be a BISON :biglove: OMG This is sooo bananas! I'm sooooooooo happy I can't even put it into words. I'm going to be a doctor! Thank you sooooo much to everyone for your well wishes and prayers throughout this process! I really appreciate it :D I'm so blessed to be joining some of you, and I'll keep praying for those waiting to hear good news!

Hi UVA:

Congrats! your dream did come true...I'm still waiting to get off the list. Anyway, did ms. walk call you? I hope to join you soon. Again, Congrats!!!!!

I GOT IN TODAY!!!!!! I have to attend PARP (which I wanted to do anyway to get the added info), but I'm gonna be a BISON :biglove: OMG This is sooo bananas! I'm sooooooooo happy I can't even put it into words. I'm going to be a doctor! Thank you sooooo much to everyone for your well ishe and prayers throughout this process! I really appreciate it :D I'm so blessed to be joining some of you, and I'll keep praying for those waiting to hear good news!

I got an email friday saying that a decision had been made on my file, and that she would email me once the letter was signed. Then today I got an email saying that it was signed and I can call for the result. Ms. Walk wasn't available but I was told that I was accepted to the college of medicine but needed to participate in PARP. She said she would be mailing out the letter today :) I don't know anything other than that because I was in shock! As soon as I have more details I'll def let you know. I thought I would get the email letting meknow when I was on the adcom agenda, but either way I'm super happy :) I hope you get off the wait list alan!!

Well alright UVA! With your tenacity and sincerity, I had not a single doubt that you would get an acceptance. Now, I hope that we will be classmates. I suspect that I am up to bat real soon and I hope that my news is as excellent as yours! We shall see.

Congratulations UVA_future M.D.:)