Howard class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nope :(

Members don't see this ad.

Ms. C, are you in here? :) Okay, so Ms. C is my old store manager from Walgreens and I heard she got accepted into Howard. So if by some small chance you might actually know about this website and are in here, email me!!! I'm going to Wingate in NC. Oh and congrats to all you guys who got accepted. It's a wonderful thing.

Darrell

Anyone still waiting to hear back from the January interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that card everyone's been talking about... but means nothing! blah...

atleast you guys got interviewed in march.. i got interviewed in january and still nothing! although i dont really care right now coz i got accepted to my first choice :D but i'd still like to know

atleast you guys got interviewed in march.. i got interviewed in january and still nothing! although i dont really care right now coz i got accepted to my first choice :D but i'd still like to know

congratulations rx22!!! i wish we all knew by now!

ADN1226- when was ure interview and when did u get the postcard?

My interview was march 13th and I received the card today. big whoop. NOT.

ohh.. well ull prolly know before i do..mine wasnt until 27th. is this ure first choice?

Nope first choice is VCU but havent heard from them either. they're slow too.

I interviewed on Mar 27. Just got the post card. Good or bad news is on the way, I guess.

no card recieved today.. what time was ure interview on 27th tytytamvn?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an question for those who heard something (accepted/rejection). Does anyone who is rejected receive the post card as well? I still have not received any card.

I have an question for those who heard something (accepted/rejection). Does anyone who is rejected receive the post card as well? I still have not received any card.

Someone received the post card and got rejected. However most of the applicant who received the card got accepted.

BTW today was the deadline for those accepted to send the good faith deposit. So by early next week Howard would know exactly how many seats are available. And start the process of sending out more acceptance letters.

Best of Luck to everyone who's still waiting :)

Thanks for the info. Was anyone accepted from other interview dates besides the jan interview?

There was no postcard today as well. This waiting is so painful!!

A friend emailed howard and was told that my interview March 13th people won't hear until the end of April or early May --- so alkali... be patient? hehe.

I just wanted to join the conversation. I am attending howard in the fall, and I live in MD, not far from the school. So for the out of state students maybe I can answer some questions if I can. Sorry I don't have input in the waiting process, I applied early decision.
HINT: If you dont get in this fall, DONT give up and apply early decision in the fall for next year, the chances are better when u apply early decision.

So I called Howard today, and they said we should be hearing back SOON and the latest would be early May.

I just wanted to join the conversation. I am attending howard in the fall, and I live in MD, not far from the school. So for the out of state students maybe I can answer some questions if I can. Sorry I don't have input in the waiting process, I applied early decision.
HINT: If you dont get in this fall, DONT give up and apply early decision in the fall for next year, the chances are better when u apply early decision.

Thanks, for offering to help out us out of state students. It's really appreciated :thumbup:

I would like to know which areas are best to reside in. Also how far away from Howard are these areas and which mode of transportation is best.

I can't tell you much since i'm from NJ but I know the metro is the best way to commute to Howard. And it is best to live in the surrounding area - mainly maryland or virginia - its quite pricey though.

How about Arlington Virginia? People have mentioned that town to me. Is it nice and reasonable? Is there a huge difference between Maryland and Virginia? :scared:

Also, has anyone been approved for financial aid yet for Howard?

I know this was asked a few weeks ago, but I interviewed Jan 16th and still haven't heard anything, good or bad. Anyone else in the same boat?

Also, I recieved one of those postcards, but I am pretty sure it was because they recieved my fall grades, because the dates coincided.

I intervied Jan. 17th and haven't heard anything either, rather frustrating.

WOW thats really late for those january interviews... as for housing look into these areas

Takoma Park, Silver Spring, Kensington, Bethesda,MD, Kalorama, Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Mclean, VA... I also heard Arlington is a great place to live too.

WOW thats really late for those january interviews... as for housing look into these areas

Takoma Park, Silver Spring, Kensington, Bethesda,MD, Kalorama, Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Mclean, VA... I also heard Arlington is a great place to live too.

McLean and Bethesda - too $$$$ for students.
Georgetown - $$$$ and where do you plan to park your car? Take metro?
Dupont Circle - gay and lesbo neighborhood in DC.
Alexandria, Falls Church and Arlington are reasonable places to live. Some apartment complexes have free shuttle to metro station.
Springfield and toward the south of it - forget about it. Traffic nightmare. Although springfield has a metro station, the most southern station in VA, you still have to pay for parking.
If you plan to live in VA alone Route I66 you must have a hybrid, motocycle or 2 people inside a car. I66 leading into DC will be HOV-2 only starting at I495 during rush hour 6-9:30 am.

I appreciate everybody giving their input on where to live. Thanks to all who pm me as well. Now, I have a better idea on where to go and I feel a little more confident. :D

I interviewed 3/27 and received a postcard. Whoever said most of those who received a postcard got accepted.. I'm really hoping that's the case for me. My first choice is UW but I haven't heard from them either... this is sooo nerve wrecking!

Stats:
3.48 GPA
Hospital pharmacy volunteer - 2 yrs
President of Pharmacy Club, former webmaster
Secretary & Online Chair of Colleges Against Cancer
Nutrition major
78 composite PCAT
Undergrad researcher in OChem - 1 qtr
Weakness: earned 0 units during my 2nd year in college (I still had 2 interviews, so don't give up!!)

Those are good stats pharmDY. Hmm.. i'm waiting too... :( Has anyone heard anything lately?

I still have not received the post card. :mad: My interview was 3/14. I called Ms. William yesterday and she told me to check my pharmCas. But, PharmCas has nothing in there.

What is it suppose to say in PharmCas... like acceptances and rejections??? Question to those accepted, can you guys check your PharmCas to see if it says anything in there?

What is it suppose to say in PharmCas... like acceptances and rejections??? Question to those accepted, can you guys check your PharmCas to see if it says anything in there?

What Cilia told me was that we can check if our file is complete on pharmcas. I did not bring one of my transcripts so I mailed it to Howard next day. So, I called Cilia to check if they have my transcript or not. Then, she told me to check PharmCas if my file is complete. I think that once you log in pharmcas, you have to go to supplemental section.
It seems like they have not reviewed my file yet because none of section (such as supplemental application, fee, transcripts) were checked. They are so slow!!

Mines does not say if I was accepted or rejected. It does show however, that they received all of my materials including transcripts during the interview.

Hmm... kelly, my PharmCAS also doesnt say if they've received my transcripts and I brought mine to the interview.

Hmm... kelly, my PharmCAS also doesnt say if they've received my transcripts and I brought mine to the interview.
After I checked pharmcas, I called Cilia many times but she was not there every time I called her. I even left several messages and she never returned my calls. As long as you two received postcard, you don't need to worry about it. The postcard simply means that your applications are complete.

I guess I didn't read the interview email carefully so I did not bring my transcripts to the interview. They allowed me to send it in by mail and now it shows on PharmCAS. Maybe admissions didn't transfer that information on PharmCAS because they took note of it in their clipboard? (At least when I got there, that's what they used to track everyone's transcripts.)

I got In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D I just received the acceptance letter via FEDEX !!!! I am soooooo happpy. Finally I will have a worry-free summer..

I got In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D I just received the acceptance letter via FEDEX !!!! I am soooooo happpy. Finally I will have a worry-free summer..

congratulations!!!!!!!!! :)

my interview was on march 14th. I received the postcard stating that my file is complete. Hopefully we should be hearing from them soon. One last question....if you get a postcard does that mean they are going to send an acceptance letter soon?

Nope. apparently they send that to all their interviewees.

So I guess they're still looking at their jan interviews?!

congratulations!!!!!!!!! :)

Thx menn.
I interviewed on jan 17th, and I am speculating that if u were interviewed in january and haven't heard anything, then you are on some kind of "office use only" waitlist. I say this because I was given only a week to pay the deposit, and the acceptance letter tells you to make your decision quickly, out of fairness to waitlisted students. So you still have a shot......and good luck. Hope to see everybody next fall...

Do you think they've filled their seat with the January interviews? I dont think anyone from the March interviews have heard. Does anyone know if they had interviews in feb?

i didnt see any postings in the interview feedback for february... so maybe there wasn't any in february or people who were do not go on SDN.

To my knowledge, they've only had 2 interview times. One was 1/16 & 1/17, and the other was 3/27 & 3/28. I say this because I was invited to the Jan interviews but I decilned because it was in the middle of the week, meaning I had to miss 3 days of school since I live in California.

So i'm guessing they had interviews on jan 16, 17, march 8, 9? march 13, 14, then march 27th and 28th? I hope theres still a lot of seats left...