Howard class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Earlier this week I received an email regarding waitlisted candidates but I didn't receive any mail telling me that. 2 days ago I found out they had sent an official waitlist letter to my permanent address. It doesn't say what rank I am on the waitlist. I'll be calling Celia later today to ask if she can disclose that information to me over the phone. I'm not sure if I will keep waiting for Howard... I plan to reapply through PharmCAS as early as June 1. I don't want to risk not getting in from the waitlist and applying late. Once I submit my PharmCAS application I will call and ask that they take me off their waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

So I got ahold of Mrs. Sconion earlier and she refused to answer any of my waitlist questions because the school cannot disclose such information, such as how many were on waitlist last year and about how many of them were pulled out of it, how many are on the waitlist now, how many students are going to be accepted this year, etc. She did tell me that the waitlist is not ranked, and whenever the committee needs to pull someone off from it they have a closed meeting to discuss who should be pulled, and she cannot tell me what criteria they look at either. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Earlier this week I received an email regarding waitlisted candidates but I didn't receive any mail telling me that. 2 days ago I found out they had sent an official waitlist letter to my permanent address. It doesn't say what rank I am on the waitlist. I'll be calling Celia later today to ask if she can disclose that information to me over the phone. I'm not sure if I will keep waiting for Howard... I plan to reapply through PharmCAS as early as June 1. I don't want to risk not getting in from the waitlist and applying late. Once I submit my PharmCAS application I will call and ask that they take me off their waitlist. Good luck everyone!

I havent heard anything yet...but if u decide to reapply through Pharmcas and you are on a waitlist at a school, are you not allowed to submit the pharmcas until you find out if you're in or not or can you still submit the pharmcas application?

I havent heard anything yet...but if u decide to reapply through Pharmcas and you are on a waitlist at a school, are you not allowed to submit the pharmcas until you find out if you're in or not or can you still submit the pharmcas application?

I don't see why I can't submit PharmCAS even though I'm waitlisted at Howard.

anyone hear anything lately (acceptance/rejecting)

I don't see why I can't submit PharmCAS even though I'm waitlisted at Howard.

You still can apply PharmCas even though you are waitlisted at Howard. If you really want to go to Howard, apply there as an early decision. I heard all people who applied as an early decision got accepted this year. But, early decision is kinda risky because you cannot apply other school until November or later.

any word yet?

nope...seriously, not hearning any words for two months or more after interview means something!! Ms. William doesn't even pick up the phone call. I left 4 messages since last week and she never returned me!!

Members don't see this ad :)
nope...seriously, not hearning any words for two months or more after interview means something!! Ms. William doesn't even pick up the phone call. I left 4 messages since last week and she never returned me!!

That's odd, because either Celia or Ms. Sconion always picks up my call.. I would suggest calling before noon. I always call at around 10-11am (DC time) and they always pick up. But it's kind of useless calling them because they never answer my questions anyway. They always say "we can't disclose such matter over the phone" and "we're sending all our letters out as we speak" etc etc. Good luck.. I'm on the waitlist but they said they can contact us up until Aug. 23rd. I guess we can guarantee that we'll hear from them by Aug. 23rd at the latest.

That's odd, because either Celia or Ms. Sconion always picks up my call.. I would suggest calling before noon. I always call at around 10-11am (DC time) and they always pick up. But it's kind of useless calling them because they never answer my questions anyway. They always say "we can't disclose such matter over the phone" and "we're sending all our letters out as we speak" etc etc. Good luck.. I'm on the waitlist but they said they can contact us up until Aug. 23rd. I guess we can guarantee that we'll hear from them by Aug. 23rd at the latest.

I have never spoked to Ms. Sconion but onlu Celia. I always called Ms. William after noon. I think I should try vefore noon tomorrow.

I finally got a letter from Howard. I am waitlisted in Howard. Well, I decided to give up Howard and I told Ms. William to remove my name on the waitlist. :D. Good luck everyone.

I finally got a letter from Howard. I am waitlisted in Howard. Well, I decided to give up Howard and I told Ms. William to remove my name on the waitlist. :D. Good luck everyone.

Well, atleast you heard something. I'm still waiting. I'll try calling them tomorrow. does anyone know if they're still sending out acceptance letters?

I'm still waiting too... i guess we'll get it soon since were further away from DC.

i tried calling around noon and no one was picking up the phone. how are people gettin in contact with the staff.. it's the phone number on the howard website right?

i hope we hear soon. :(

i tried calling around noon and no one was picking up the phone. how are people gettin in contact with the staff.. it's the phone number on the howard website right?

i hope we hear soon. :(

I call and just keep waiting until someone picks up. Usually I don't get a machine, so I wait and wait, and the longer it rings, apparently it gets annoying so they pick up :oops:

anything new guys?

i got a letter on saturday saying i didnt get in. looks like ill be takin some classes to bring up my GPA and apply again next year-not sure if howard will be on my list again tho.. if i knew earlier i wouldve taken classes in the spring. ugh.

Pls what are your stats if you can share because I'm thinking of applying to Howard as early decision as an out-of-state student.

Thanks

sorry to hear alkali...anyone try calling and got ahold of somone at the office?

Anybody from march 27th interview heard anything? I called and ms. williams said letters were sent 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty worried as this is my top choice

Anybody from march 27th interview heard anything? I called and ms. williams said letters were sent 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty worried as this is my top choice

my interview was on 27th and i found out about 2 weeks ago i didnt get in. it was my top choice too. oh well-- next year i guess.

Have you been receiving waitlist emails? I interviewed on the 27th also, and 3 weeks ago I received their waitlist letter and email. I heard that the committee hasn't made all of their final decisions for march interviews yet, but that was 2 weeks ago. Maybe you can ask Ms. Williams to re-send your letter as it could've gotten lost through the mail?

anyone here get pulled from the waitlist yet?

Anything new guys???? Has anyone got in?

Not to change from the latest topic. But i will be at Howard in the fall. I have lived in the DC/MD/VA area off and on for the past few years and know pretty much where to live. I will be looking for somewhere to live in July. If anyone is interested in finding a place with a roommate, give me a holler.

youngel...u got into the pharmacy program..ur so lucky!! congrats!

Thanks. I applied right after early decision was over.

Hey YoungEel,I want to apply as an early decison applicant also. What are your stat if you don't mind and how soon did they call you for an interview?

If you don't mind me asking.

Sorry YounGel I forgot to say congat,anyways its better late than never.

Sorry,I am really tired because I just got back from volunteering. I was able to digest what you wrote that you applied right after early decision.

Pls disregard all the junks I wrote earlier. Congrat ones again

It's fine..

My stats..I have a 3.0, 80th %tile PCAT. Little pharmacy experience, but a lot of lab experience. I played football at Mississippi State University and started out as a chemistry major. I graduated with a degree in Information Systems in 2002. I worked in the IT field in DC/MD for three years. My last contract before i started studying for the PCAT(I studied full time for about three months. I had to pretty much re-learn everything from 4 and 5 years prior.) was working on THE Health Care System for the US Military. The company i contracted for (Northrop Grumman) created it. I believe i applied in early November and got a call for an interview in early January. My interview was Jan 17th. If anyone else was there, they may have seen me. Kinda hard to miss at 6'5. But i used the angle that i wasn't the traditional pharmacy candidate. I have some pretty good people skills with a good science, and of course, a great technical background. I initially started school in hopes of going to med school, but i got caught up in the "program" of being a football player. I knew that I wanted to go back to the health care field even before i finished by bachelor's. Right after i graduated from school I started to take more science courses for pharmacy school, but i was itching for money and decided to do IT for a while. I got back on the right path finally. If anyone has any questions, ask away.

Hey, I just got my acceptance (which I kinda expected; I was overconfident leaving my interview). Howard sent me a regular size envelope in a big FedEx envelope.

Stats are just okay: 3.01 overall, 2.78 science.

But I'm going to Shenandoah instead. Enjoy my spot.
Hi, Can I ask what was your PCAT score?

It's fine..

My stats..I have a 3.0, 80th %tile PCAT. Little pharmacy experience, but a lot of lab experience. I played football at Mississippi State University and started out as a chemistry major. I graduated with a degree in Information Systems in 2002. I worked in the IT field in DC/MD for three years. My last contract before i started studying for the PCAT(I studied full time for about three months. I had to pretty much re-learn everything from 4 and 5 years prior.) was working on THE Health Care System for the US Military. The company i contracted for (Northrop Grumman) created it. I believe i applied in early November and got a call for an interview in early January. My interview was Jan 17th. If anyone else was there, they may have seen me. Kinda hard to miss at 6'5. But i used the angle that i wasn't the traditional pharmacy candidate. I have some pretty good people skills with a good science, and of course, a great technical background. I initially started school in hopes of going to med school, but i got caught up in the "program" of being a football player. I knew that I wanted to go back to the health care field even before i finished by bachelor's. Right after i graduated from school I started to take more science courses for pharmacy school, but i was itching for money and decided to do IT for a while. I got back on the right path finally. If anyone has any questions, ask away.

Hey youngEel,

What'z up, we kind of have some things in common man. I ran track for UT
El paso and started out with Kinesiology until about 2yrs ago that I decided to start on this route. My dad is a pharmacist in my home country though but I don't wanna write anything that will make it look like its because of pressure from him or members of my family.
My stats are 3.8 prereq GPA and 73%tile but because I'm a foreign student,I have to apply early if that will help.
But in any case,If you can still stick around so if I have any further questions regarding Howard, the interview, I can always ask someone like you

Congrats once again

It seems like they've accepted people from teh ones interviewed in January..Are they either just rejecting or putting those they interviewed in march on the waitlist?

Anything new from Howard guys?

Hey JoJo99. I sent you a message, I don't know if you received it. Have you heard anything from them yet? Are you on the waitlist?

this is ridiculous!, you have to wait that long to get a response, what if you dont get in, you need a back up plan. this is very unfair for students!!!!

Does anyone know if Howard looks at your entire GPA or on the required courses for their program?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let everyone on the waitlist know that I will be writing a letter and sending it to Howard to giving up my spot. I am going to Shenandoah so someone could take my acceptance and go to Howard.

My stats (when applying): OGPA (2.98), PCAT (87, only took one time). Went 3 yrs to CC & 3 yrs to UCSD

Do you think that it is very possible to get accepted to pharmacy school doing the prerequisites at a community college or is it way to hard to get in then. I was thinking of going to UIC since I live in Chicago.

Thanks

I'm applying to Howard for Fall 2008. I have a 3.86 gpa, 70% PCAT score, pharmacy experience, and will have my BS in biology/chem next spring. Will this be competitive enough for Howard or should I just quit will I'm ahead?

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let everyone on the waitlist know that I will be writing a letter and sending it to Howard to giving up my spot. I am going to Shenandoah so someone could take my acceptance and go to Howard.

My stats (when applying): OGPA (2.98), PCAT (87, only took one time). Went 3 yrs to CC & 3 yrs to UCSD

Sorry men....It's cool of your good intentions and everything. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I think you are so full of ****! You said you had already done that. That was since April. I remember because even I hadn't gotten my acceptance letter then, and you said you had ALREADY given up your spot, and I was hoping it was good chances for me. You come and post in July that it is now that you are giving up your spot. It's nice and generous to keep ppl informed, but not informed about bullsh*t. You either tell people the truth or you don't. Nobody will eat you. And the worst bullsh*t you ever told was around March when you posted that you got into howard, during your little "hope to ppl with low stats advice", meanwhile howard hadn't sent out even a single acceptance letter. Then later in April, when you got the actual acceptance letter, you posted again, saying you just received your acceptance letter into howard "as expected" in the mail. Apparently you had lied so much you began lying even to yourself, not realizing that you had already posted that you got in. Dude.....some ppl who want to get in bad read this forum and follow it in detail. When u write ****, ppl take a note of who u are and what u have said. Stop bullsh*ting ppl. I'm sorry, but I come from a place where when we hear BS, we call your a$$ out!

*sigh*...I really don't know what to say. You pretty much backed up my intentions when you said that I just wanted to keep pplz informed. I haven't read this thread in a while and when I checked up on it, I saw that pplz were talking about waitlist so I just repeated to everyone that I did give up my spot. Yes, I repeated myself. If anything, I was arrogant in the beginning and posted my acceptance a little quick (i was that confident about it).

Bad? Yea, but i don't know how to remove a post so I was stuck with that thought for a while. But if you believe that my first "hopes...." post was BS, then don't read it, don't advertise it by bringing it up. Because if telling my low stats and saying I was able to get in is so BS for pplz to believe, I would be getting a lot more hate-post than only one you sent me. The fact is, there are a LOT of pplz with low stats, stupid me included, and they come onto this website finding more ways to help them get into this career. If I got in, I had to at least tell everyone what I did to give back a little.

Obviously, this rant between us isn't help anyone at all. If you want to jump me or call me out (which I think u already did), I'll be in Virginia studying come August. Do what you want.

Sorry for everyone who has to read this. Some pplz just can't handle waiting as well as others (yea, that was to you, RX).

I'm not gonna post any replies to this issue. Not gonna hassle pplz about this.

*sigh*...I really don't know what to say. You pretty much backed up my intentions when you said that I just wanted to keep pplz informed. I haven't read this thread in a while and when I checked up on it, I saw that pplz were talking about waitlist so I just repeated to everyone that I did give up my spot. Yes, I repeated myself. If anything, I was arrogant in the beginning and posted my acceptance a little quick (i was that confident about it).

Bad? Yea, but i don't know how to remove a post so I was stuck with that thought for a while. But if you believe that my first "hopes...." post was BS, then don't read it, don't advertise it by bringing it up. Because if telling my low stats and saying I was able to get in is so BS for pplz to believe, I would be getting a lot more hate-post than only one you sent me. The fact is, there are a LOT of pplz with low stats, stupid me included, and they come onto this website finding more ways to help them get into this career. If I got in, I had to at least tell everyone what I did to give back a little.

Obviously, this rant between us isn't help anyone at all. If you want to jump me or call me out (which I think u already did), I'll be in Virginia studying come August. Do what you want.

Sorry for everyone who has to read this. Some pplz just can't handle waiting as well as others (yea, that was to you, RX).

I'm not gonna post any replies to this issue. Not gonna hassle pplz about this.

The respect I have for you is totally preserved, that is why I mentioned it the first thing. Yea u got into howard and shenandoah, and I am not disputing that. I have a problem with the fact that you post misleading and contradicting information........or maybe you are just not expressing your ideas the right way in the correct grammatical sense. Just to cite u one more example; You just said u were merely repeating the fact that you DID give up ur spot....but just 3 posts ago, u said u WILL BE giving up ur spot. Any normal english reader will think the way I am thinking. It's no hard feeling against u or anything...I'm sure u worked hard for what u've earned, and your advice is golden. But at the end of the day, this is an informative forum, and people do not take lightly to the fact when they get misled with information, and any user on this forum will agree with me. That's all i'm trying to point out.