Howard/ hampton/ old dominion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too! I need a roomie! Im moving all of the way from Florida!!! I want to live with someone in the program!

Members don't see this ad.

I need a roomie as well! Im moving all of the way from Florida. I want to live with someone in the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an e-mail today that I was accepted to Hampton. I am leaning towards declining, but I'm trying to find out the total tuition for all 3 years. Their "schedule of fees" page is a little confusing to me. Does anyone know how much it would be for all 3 years?

Got an e-mail today that I was accepted to Hampton. I am leaning towards declining, but I'm trying to find out the total tuition for all 3 years. Their "schedule of fees" page is a little confusing to me. Does anyone know how much it would be for all 3 years?

When I was doing my preliminary research last summer/fall I looked on the apta website. There it says close to 16k/year but I have been looking on the actual Hampton website and I am getting confused too. It says that graduate programs do their own thing in regards to tuition but the PT program doesnt specifically designate how much it will be. My best bet would be to call the graduate college (not the actual PT office, they are getting too many phone calls these days) and ask them. They should help

Fall ONE: 19 credits --- $9,766
Spring ONE: 15 credits -- $8,866
Summer ONe: 10 credits-- $4,500

Fall TWO: 17 credits -- $8,866
Spring TWO: 15 credits -- $8,866
Summer TWO: 10 credits -- $4,500

Fall THREE: 17 credits -- $8,866
Spring THREE: 9 credits -- $4,050

Per credit less then ten: $450
Per semester 10-17: $8866
Per credit more then 17: $295

Year one total: $23,132
Year two total: $22,232
Year three total: $12,916
THREE YEAR TOTAL: $ 58,280

Is what I came up with off the information provided not sure how accurate it is. I'm guessing the 16k is only fall/spring?

Not at all. This is the APTA site for Hampton:

http://www.apta.org/apta/directorie...PE=PT&id=58417167-8DC1-4F1D-B352-549C289C5324

On there it says $6,520 for Fall and Spring each. Then summer is $2,800. Doing the math there it comes to $15,840 per year. However, this isn't the "official Hampton website" so I don't know. I am definitely hoping the lower amount

ok. I just called the Hampton Graduate College. They said it is $450/credit regardless of how many credits you take. Using the number of credits mccomasg09 gave, total tuition is about $50k for the 3 year program

Im attending Howard in the Fall! Need a roomie??!
Hey! I was accepted into Howard's program too and I start in the fall!! Just stumbled upon this forum and saw that we were going to be classmates! Lol...not gonna lie, I'm super excited to start the program!! :)

I got my Howard rejection email today but I'm still waiting for Hampton. Good luck 2 those still waiting for Howard.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, i'd be thrilled if they emailed me letting me know the class was full or anything. obviously i'd be more thrilled to be offered a seat haha. but i guess my point is it'd be great to hear anything from them at all. really disappointed in their admissions process and lack of information/updates for the applicants.

but yea, has anyone heard anything regarding whether or not the class is full? has anything heard anything at all from them lately?

I agree with you rockpride. They seem to be taking a long time to send out both acceptances and rejections. I hope I get in.

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from either school yet?

I just recieved an email from Dr. Owens that I have been accepted to Hampton University. I am so excited!!!!!!

Congrats! So far it looks like there are only about 3 of us on here who have confirmed we are attending. Hopefully more pop up soon.

After you confirmed via email how long did it take you to receive the official letter in the mail?

I got the seat acceptance form and the technical standards form about 3-4 days after I responded. The official letter from the Graduate College came about 2 weeks later.

I talked to Mrs. Ray today and she mentioned that there are few slots still open, and I should hear something within the next two weeks regarding the admission decisions.

If any of you who were accepted wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate it if you listed your stats. What is your overall GPA, pre-req GPA, total observation hours, GRE scores, and undergrad major? I am looking into applying to Hampton and would like to determine whether or not I should risk the hefty application fee. And can someone who has completed a year or two of the program please confirm the information regarding the total tuition? As someone who just graduated from an HBCU (Howard U), I have experienced the consequences of inconsistent financial information.

I talked to Mrs. Ray today and she mentioned that there are few slots still open, and I should hear something within the next two weeks regarding the admission decisions.

Do you know if every applicant who has not heard is included in this notification in the next few weeks or if its just you? I'm wondering if I should contact Hampton too.

Just received a denial from Hampton University via email

I just received a denial email too. Welp guys & gals its been real! Goodluck to you all who got into Howard & Hampton. Luckily I still have 2 schools I'm waiting to hear from in this cycle. I wish you all the best.

anybody heard news from hampton or old dominion 2014 cycle?

heard from both. Hampton 2 weeks ago, ODU maybe 3-4. No news may be good news, for you![/quo I heard from Old Dominion by mail that I was waitlisted. Did you get accepted?