Howard University Dental school program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZooZoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been calling them but I am not reaching anyone and its keep saying at this time circuits are busy. Is there a specific number I can call. I tried calling as early as 8 to even 2 in the after noon but still can not get anyone. I even emailed the admission but I got no answer.

My question is
I was looking through the pre-reqs stated on the site and I was wondering if I will still qualify to apply to this school.

The pre-reqs asked, half of the classes I have taken in a community college. Is it fine that some of the classes is taken in a community college and not in a 4 year university ?

In addition, I have taken anatomy 1 in community college and I got a grade for it, however I took anatomy 2 in the summer and their is no grade just a passing.

I am very interested in this school hence will I still qualify to applying to your dental school because of the situtions explained above?

Members don't see this ad.

Most dental schools prefer courses taken at a 4 year college/uni, but it varies by school and only they will be able to look at your transcript and tell you which courses they will or won't accept.

Reactions: 1 user
I took nearly all of my pre-reqs at my CC - General Bio, Ochem, GChem, Physics, Stats, Calc, etc - and was accepted to Howard. I don't think it's a deal breaker at all, but depends on a case by case basis. I think there really are only a small handful of schools that are sticklers about this. I'd keep trying to call them to confirm your own situation though, or email.