How's June Pcat studying going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nubian_princess

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be retaking the pcat in June..and was wondering what are the people, who will be taking it in June, doing in order to prepare for the test?
How are you preparing? and how many hours a day/ a week?
Books you are using?
....etc.:p
I'm personally using Kaplan 2007, and cliff's notes. But I get bored from the kaplan book easily:( , cuz it's alot of stuff..but oh well..I still have 14 weeks left!..Anyways..let us know what have you been up to, and how is studying going??:D

Good Luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Nubian,

I'm going to be taking the June PCAT. I have to say it's intimidating, but don't give up. Right now I'm using a gen chem book and Baron's PCAT to work through the chem sections. I feel this is my weakest area. I used Kaplan 2007 for awhile but stopped. I may turn to it next month as the test date rolls closer.

There is still alot of time to study. good luck.

I plan to take the test in June.

I signed up for a Kaplan Prep course; however, the course doesn't begin until April, which is a little too late for my taste. So, I'm pre-studying on my own by using a Kaplan book that I bought at Barnes and Noble.

I got my Kaplan course stuff about a week ago and I decided to compare the stuff they gave me to the book that I bought from Barnes and Noble. The big book from the review course titled "Science Review Notes" is the exact same, word-for-word, as the book that I bought from the book store :eek:

So, the only thing that I bought that was different were the workbooks. I bet I could have saved my money and bought workbooks from the bookstore(lol). Oh well, I'll let you know how the class goes when it begins....

...as for the Kaplan book stuff. I find the material to be rather dumbed down....I hope this stuff actually prepares me fot he PCAT :oops:

Should I take kaplan or not? The PCAT isn't as dense as the DAT or MCAT, so I'm thinking not. I still have some time to decide, but how much will you really learn from other people if I have been studying a month in advance already??

And, how expensive is kaplan? Another factor that is discouraging me from signing up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Bonbon. I would recommend taking the PCAT. Preparing for and taking the PCAT shows the admissions committee that you're a hard-working and dedicated person. I just called Kaplan for price quotes this morning. It costs $1,299 for one session. If you're not happy with your score, they will let you take another session for free. I think I will sign up for it. It's a small price to pay to become a competitive applicant. If doing well on the PCAT will help my chances of getting into a pharmacy school, then I would do it. You can learn a lot in month or two. It just depends on how much time and effort you're will to put into studying. You should call Kaplan at 1-800-KAP-TEST for yourself if you have more questions. I spoke to Cynthia. She was really friendly and very helpful. Hope this helps.

I agree with Desani. From personal experience, the Kaplan course was very helpful in structuring my studying habits. Of course, it also depends on the teacher you get. But if have good studying habits already, you might not need the course. Go to the library and just work on problems. Good luck guys!:)

It seems like chemistry changes from pcat to another..some people say that there wasn't alot of organic chem in october, while others say there were loads of Organic chem on the Jan. pcat!:scared:
I'm very confused..now that the pcat is changing and questions will be less, I'm not sure exaclty how to prepare myself for the chemistry part?? Any advices??:confused: