How's my study schedule/strategy? (Taking it at the end of June)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Suggestions and advices are WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question, for questions, I am planning to do Uworld, Robins Review, and Kaplan QBook. Is that enough or I should get Kaplan QBank as well?
Also, am I missing any good review books that I should read?

Here's my schedule:
I will be taking it at the end of June and I will be working for about 3 hours a day til the Middle of May.

I just started going through FA this week and annotating it with (Hopefully, I will get it done by Mid Apr):
HY Embryo (done)
HY Behavioral (done)
HY Cell and Histology
HY Anatomy (just the clinical cases)
RR Biochem
Micro Made Simple
Immun Made Simple
BRS Physio and Physio Made Simple
BRS Neuroanatomy

I am planning to go through RR Path along with Robbins Review and Kaplan QBook (2006 version) by the end of April

On first Sat of May, I will do my first NBME. Then I shall go through FA once (along with FA flashcards) with UWorld Questions (100 Qs per day)
On 3rd Sat of May, I will do my 2nd NBME. Again, I will go through FA once and do the remainder of the UWorld Qs til the end of May (100 Qs per day)

Month of June:
Week 1: Flip through all my review books, review FA flashcards, do 1 NBME
Week 2: Memorize my annotated FA, do 1 NBME
Week 3: Memorize RR Path, do 1 NBME
Week 4: Memorize my FA, do 1 NBME --> The BIG DAY!

Members don't see this ad.

BRS neuro is huge, why not replace it with HY neuro, seems to be the top choice around here

good point,
I had a copy of HY Neuro until one of my roommates misplaced it :mad:
Guess I have to get one from Amazon again

I agree with kryptik, you will be better off with HY Neuro. I started using BRS Neuro, and I found it awful. The rest of the plan looks good.

Members don't see this ad :)
"memorizing FA and RR"

Have you read RR path ? If this can be done in one week, we all might as well just wait till 2 weeks prior. You have a good plan setup, but dont rely on memorizing 2 entire books. More realistic to have a basic understanding of its contents, unless you are a true savant.

I will borrow my roommate's kaplan neuro stuff then. THanks

Well, I think it's possible to memorize the tiny detail in FA and RR if you know the concept and stuff. At least the stuff makes sense and has logic behind them in most cases.
My worst experience with memorizing is doing head/neck/neuro in 2 days from scratch without going to lab or lecture once. I almost puked from cramming.