Hows to get a CS spot?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends -

I am in dire need to take the stepII within 3 wks; I have been trying all last week to get one of these appointments that become available when a spot opens; they send an email, presumably to everyone that is in the same situation. I have seen over 10 of these messages, not once have I gone to the site and a spot been open. I use an iphone and check immediately. What is the story? This system is complete bs. Why should there not just be a wait list. How am I going to get a spot?

Members don't see this ad.

Friends -

I am in dire need to take the stepII within 3 wks; I have been trying all last week to get one of these appointments that become available when a spot opens; they send an email, presumably to everyone that is in the same situation. I have seen over 10 of these messages, not once have I gone to the site and a spot been open. I use an iphone and check immediately. What is the story? This system is complete bs. Why should there not just be a wait list. How am I going to get a spot?

Do you have push messaging on your iphone? If not, that may be your problem...in case you don't know what I mean, "push messaging" is when the email is delivered instantly to your device, rather than having your iphone check your inbox every x minutes. I had signed up for the email alert a few weeks back for my test, and am too lazy to unsubscribe, and I seriously get 5-7 emails a day for spots. I'm sure you should be able to grab one of those.

By the time those messages are sent out, someone will already have the spot.

My method, although more tedious, will get you your spot. All you do is sit on the scheduling site and just keep hitting the refresh button until a spot opens up. It sounds impossible but I was able to get my spot pretty easily doing this method.