HoWWrses: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A3ACA58C-182F-4000-9540-BE048AB73EF8.jpeg
38452CB1-68D8-438E-9786-9FEF12D95AE3.jpeg
244368B9-A675-49A6-8605-9608036C85ED.jpeg

I feel like we’re about due for some cat pictures

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 251564

Lmao... incidentally I am actually drinking a Wolf Pup IPA to kick off some vacation time (again, no bearing on this game!!)
Soon you'll be dreaming of WW, then you'll know the indoctrination is complete

Attachments

• A224DF97-DC04-4D64-B0FD-86AEE970F530.jpeg
    A224DF97-DC04-4D64-B0FD-86AEE970F530.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20CCAB49-80CD-4268-B9C3-E068F1B7243D.jpeg
    20CCAB49-80CD-4268-B9C3-E068F1B7243D.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 10

ocv0ce-b88787806z.120160901212408000gi0iirjn.50.jpg

Korean War Hero Sergeant Reckless was purchased for $250 by the United States Marine Corps and trained as a pack horse. Reckless had a nine month military career, during which she made 51 solo trips for ammunition in one day, was wounded twice, and became the first horse to participate in an amphibious landing. Reckless was promoted to corporal in 1953, then to sergeant in 1954. After the war ended, she was awarded two purple hearts, a Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, and made it onto her unit's Presidential Unit Citation.

All her military training made the bad ass little red mare willing to put her life on the line for those she cared for. Last night, she was watching over a dear friend, ensuring they would survive. Unfortunately, it was Reckless's time to go, whether she knew it or not. The same precious little pinto mare was sent to take down the war veteran. It ended quickly and quietly. A monument now stands in Kentucky Horse Park to commemorate her heroism.

b68efee1e2b14ee2b1d8ae4312511e6b.jpg

Dead is @WeimMama - Sergeant Reckless, Bodyguard
The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
11. @Dinashadow
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @Caiter92
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
23. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
9. @Animal Midwife - Mine That Bird - 3x kill, vote controller
7. @WildZoo - The Old Gray Mare
6. @SARdoghandler - Bullseye - Ability seer
24. @capri1722 - Bucephalus - Strongarm wolf
20. @Stagg737 - Bojack Horseman - Post restrictor
5. @Skimble - Shadowfax - Mimic wolf
28. @Karabiner13 - Blue Hors Matine - Passive delay block
14. @Lupin21 - Mr. Ed - Info giver
26. @bryndiana.jones - Alborozo - Wolf xtra kill/protect
F. @PippyPony - ModGod
12. @Crayola227 - Snowman - Backup
10. @Melchizedek - Leroy Brown- Wolf Blocker
27. @WeimMama - Sergeant Reckless- Bodyguard

It is now Day 11.

Reactions: 1 users
Day 10

ocv0ce-b88787806z.120160901212408000gi0iirjn.50.jpg

Korean War Hero Sergeant Reckless was purchased for $250 by the United States Marine Corps and trained as a pack horse. Reckless had a nine month military career, during which she made 51 solo trips for ammunition in one day, was wounded twice, and became the first horse to participate in an amphibious landing. Reckless was promoted to corporal in 1953, then to sergeant in 1954. After the war ended, she was awarded two purple hearts, a Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, and made it onto her unit's Presidential Unit Citation.

All her military training made the bad ass little red mare willing to put her life on the line for those she cared for. Last night, she was watching over a dear friend, ensuring they would survive. Unfortunately, it was Reckless's time to go, whether she knew it or not. The same precious little pinto mare was sent to take down the war veteran. It ended quickly and quietly. A monument now stands in Kentucky Horse Park to commemorate her heroism.

b68efee1e2b14ee2b1d8ae4312511e6b.jpg

Dead is @WeimMama - Sergeant Reckless, Bodyguard
The Roster:
1. @CoffeeQuestionMark
2. @muttmanager
3. @SnowshoeDog143
11. @Dinashadow
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @Caiter92
18. @MSUcvmHOPE
19. @Mad Jack
23. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
—-
Deep in our imaginations:
(30.) @StayingPositive2017

The Renderer:
13. @Barkley13 - Sleipnir - 2x Vig
21. @Miranda Senft - Barn Cat - PMer
4. @dolphin106258 - Spirit - Redirector
29. @ziggyandjazzy - Horace Horsecollar
25. @sheltermed - A Horse With No Name - Anon Messenger
22. @Gwenevre - Secretariat - Tinkerer
9. @Animal Midwife - Mine That Bird - 3x kill, vote controller
7. @WildZoo - The Old Gray Mare
6. @SARdoghandler - Bullseye - Ability seer
24. @capri1722 - Bucephalus - Strongarm wolf
20. @Stagg737 - Bojack Horseman - Post restrictor
5. @Skimble - Shadowfax - Mimic wolf
28. @Karabiner13 - Blue Hors Matine - Passive delay block
14. @Lupin21 - Mr. Ed - Info giver
26. @bryndiana.jones - Alborozo - Wolf xtra kill/protect
F. @PippyPony - ModGod
12. @Crayola227 - Snowman - Backup
10. @Melchizedek - Leroy Brown- Wolf Blocker
27. @WeimMama - Sergeant Reckless- Bodyguard

It is now Day 11.
Weim may not have been the target

Ughh, now I'm being framed.

I did successfully protect someone last night so we shall see if they come forward and confirm.

N10: Someone stood alongside you all night.

This was my night result. So I’m assuming that was weim and I was the target, if it wasn’t weim

Reactions: 1 user
Night 1
It seems just moments earlier, a skewbald frame was barely visible.... and then the camera went offline for a minute, refocusing on the distressing scene.​

Night 3

Two horses fought for the right. A little pinto seemed to have gotten to it first, leaving pokeweed in the hay and watching her victim go down in respiratory distress.​

Night 6

But unfortunately, someone had plans to disrupt her slumber. A pretty piebald with distinctive markings shoved her way into Blue Hors Matine's stall and kicked her out, saying, "Sorry toots, there's room for only one star here, and that's me."​

Night 9

During one of their famous puissance stunts, a crowd had come to see Snowman jump over another horse! A diminutive, red and white pinto was chosen as a flashy assistant for the trick. As Snowman leapt over the fence, however, the other horse reared up into the air, sending Snowman crashing to the rails and toppling head over heels to the ground. Surgery was attempted to fix the broken cannon bone, but the prognosis was too grave, and he was euthanized on the operating table.​

Day 10

So are we thinking that MJ is the little pinto mare? cause that'd be hilarious.

So mutts can still protect. I really don't want to kill the village protector if she's still village. I'm going to think on this.

Want to test if we can lynch mj now?

Unlynch mutts

lynch mj

So for convert: Ski and caiter pushed the mel lynch hard when a few of us were second guessing, so I have them as still village. MSU and killer would be lame convert choices. I don't think mel and mj would have chosen them. Coffee would be the obvious choice, so possible. Mutts over the protected mel.. but has her ability still so I'm actually leaning she is still village because that would be a dumb move for a convert especially since mel wasn't the one doing the kill. Cubs is a bit lower down, because wolves don't usually convert the noob. Dina was in mel's pack last game and lasted a long time, so he might have converted her. Genny is a good wolf so she would be a good convert, but then that would mean she was purposely attacked after conversion, which idk if the wolves would want to waste 2 nks in a row.

So in consensus I'm looking at either coffee or dina rn

So for convert: Ski and caiter pushed the mel lynch hard when a few of us were second guessing, so I have them as still village. MSU and killer would be lame convert choices. I don't think mel and mj would have chosen them. Coffee would be the obvious choice, so possible. Mutts over the protected mel.. but has her ability still so I'm actually leaning she is still village because that would be a dumb move for a convert especially since mel wasn't the one doing the kill. Cubs is a bit lower down, because wolves don't usually convert the noob. Dina was in mel's pack last game and lasted a long time, so he might have converted her. Genny is a good wolf so she would be a good convert, but then that would mean she was purposely attacked after conversion, which idk if the wolves would want to waste 2 nks in a row.

So in consensus I'm looking at either coffee or dina rn
My tinfoil of yesterday’s events is if coffee is the convert they wanted to try to push the lynch onto weim, knowing Mel would go down the next day after she was village, to try to kill another villager before losing a wolf.

Day 11 Lynch Tally

mutts (4)
- Ski, Coffee?, Cait, cubs
MJ (1) - Snowy

5/11
lynch close in ~ 10 hours

So mutts can still protect. I really don't want to kill the village protector if she's still village. I'm going to think on this.

Want to test if we can lynch mj now?

Unlynch mutts

lynch mj
The benefit that I would see to this is that MJ is likely doing the kills right now and if MJ was lynchable then tracking could move on to someone else.. but if it's not tracking and rather watching, well that doesn't really work to clear anybody, only implicate someone.

If it's 2:9 right now, there are 3 more cycles before lylo (including today) if no wolves are killed
If there was a wrong guess for the next 3 cycles, it'll be 2:3 after those cycles, and lylo
If MJ was attempted to be lynched today and it doesn't go through, the only difference is it'll be 2:4 instead, mylo, but last time no lynch was not allowed, so that makes it effectively lylo but with more people to choose between
If MJ was attempted to be lynched today and it does go through, the game gets an extra cycle to find the convert.. which actually is still the same number of guesses for convert (still 3) but will bring it down to 1:2 at lylo, so a 1/2 chance of getting it right for the 2 villagers, compared to to if it was 2:3, it is a 1/3 chance (cause just kind of ignoring MJ), or if it was 2:4, it is a 1/4 chance.

@CoffeeQuestionMark @muttmanager

Sooo can I ask how you guys found out my ability? And who was the one that did? And when they did? Cause neither of you are with SAR, and it’s a daytime ability so it’s not like I was tracked or watched at night and someone saw it.

I have a theory about how but would like this info.

My tinfoil of yesterday’s events is if coffee is the convert they wanted to try to push the lynch onto weim, knowing Mel would go down the next day after she was village, to try to kill another villager before losing a wolf.
That is tinfoily and there are some problems with it

1. Having a counter (Weim) is beneficial to see where peoples' votes will naturally lie.
2. For me to start the counter claim as a convert would be kind of stupid because DUH I'd be looked at next.
3. The same argument can be used for literally anyone else on Mel. But not just yesterday ! I have been trying to lynch him for DAYS and only moved off because people kept arguing against it, and it eventually got in my head. So why not look at these other people moving argument off of him? Or the other people voting Weim yesterday?

Sooo can I ask how you guys found out my ability? And who was the one that did? And when they did? Cause neither of you are with SAR, and it’s a daytime ability so it’s not like I was tracked or watched at night and someone saw it.

Because You SAID so

Because You SAID so
I didn’t though? Unless this was all yesterday you guys talked about it. I hinted at it being an ability, but never said it was mine.

This was me tinfoiling that one of you was a wolf and trying to figure out who. But if you picked up my hints to try to get people to stop complaining about lynch not closing, never mind :laugh:

You kinda made it obvious yesterday.

Awwwww man... avenge me village!

Now what she was saying makes sense :bag:
And I'm just over here waiting for you to figure out a way to still have been right :whistle:

Reactions: 3 users
That is tinfoily and there are some problems with it

1. Having a counter (Weim) is beneficial to see where peoples' votes will naturally lie.
2. For me to start the counter claim as a convert would be kind of stupid because DUH I'd be looked at next.
3. The same argument can be used for literally anyone else on Mel. But not just yesterday ! I have been trying to lynch him for DAYS and only moved off because people kept arguing against it, and it eventually got in my head. So why not look at these other people moving argument off of him? Or the other people voting Weim yesterday?
I literally call it tinfoily. I fully realize it’s tinfoily. I was responding to snowys theory it could be you with an explanation of yesterday’s events with how it would fit in

Awwwww man... avenge me village!

And I'm just over here waiting for you to figure out a way to still have been right :whistle:
Shadeeeee :laugh:

I didn’t though? Unless this was all yesterday you guys talked about it. I hinted at it being an ability, but never said it was mine.

This was me tinfoiling that one of you was a wolf and trying to figure out who. But if you picked up my hints to try to get people to stop complaining about lynch not closing, never mind :laugh:
Why are you assuming a lynch closer couldn’t be village?

Guys, it’s not a mechanism related to a wolf being at majority. Don’t start using that to argue Mel is village.

I talked to Ski about it. EVERYONE's ability was on thread nearly... so posting this, duh, who else had that ability?

MJ - alpha
Mel - blocker
Me - innocent child
Killer/Ski - rezzed vanilla, presumably
Dina - something useless
Weim - something that has been affected the same person for several days, that is a wolfy thing to block, ski has been vocal about something repeatedly standing by her
mutts - again, vmh table made it obvious she was presence
genny - survived NK, wasn't protected, e.g. nk avoidance
cubs - default watcher since genny isn't
Snowy - rez
You and MSU were the only ??? after Cray flipped

P.S.

Reactions: 1 users
I talked to Ski about it. EVERYONE's ability was on thread nearly... so posting this, duh, who else had that ability?

MJ - alpha
Mel - blocker
Me - innocent child
Dina - something useless
Weim - something that has been affected the same person for several days, that is a wolfy thing to block, ski has been vocal about something repeatedly standing by her
Snowy - rez

P.S.
I mean, I was hoping people got it lol but I had a theory about you and mutts and was testing it out.

I was wrong and that’s fine ;)

What do you think of dina or genny as convert?
Dina isn’t very active, so I think that’s a bad choice.

Genny would be a good choice, but I haven’t really noticed a change in how she’s playing so I don’t know there.

MJ - alpha
Mel - blocker
Me - innocent child
Dina - something useless
Snowy - rez

P.S.
I aM nOt An AlPhA oR a WoLf OMG