HPSP Drug Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

Projectile

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you will get drug tested at MEPS, as does everyone who goes through MEPS, and then numerous times throughout your military career.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the questions on the screening tool before you even get to MEPS is "Have you ever used any elicit substances" or something of that sort. I am pretty sure that you will never make it even to the point of the physical if you need to be asking this question (assuming that you are honest).

kaikai128 said:
One of the questions on the screening tool before you even get to MEPS is "Have you ever used any elicit substances" or something of that sort. I am pretty sure that you will never make it even to the point of the physical if you need to be asking this question (assuming that you are honest).

Lots of folks have drug waivers. Just don't fail the test, then be honest on your security clearance, then don't fail the future tests.

GMO_52 said:
Lots of folks have drug waivers. Just don't fail the test, then be honest on your security clearance, then don't fail the future tests.

I just went to MEPS this weekend. A couple of things about drug tests:

- if you test positive and are applying for Air Force, you are disqualified for life;

- if you test positive and are applying to any other branch, you can re-test in 45 days.

- They will pressure you into admitting you have done drugs. I have never done anything, and they still pressure you to fess up.

- They will stand about 1 foot away from you while you pee. So, if you have pee fright than you better drink a lot so you have no choice but to go.

I have lots to say about meps if anyone wants to know...

Bottom line: Don't do drugs and pretend the test will come out negative. You'll regret it.

fozziewan said:
Urinalysis = drug test

Not true!!!!

I worked in a Military Troop Clinic performing their urinalysis for physicals. They must inform you if a drug test is going to be performed, and they are usually separate from the routine urinalysis.

Zerosixjt said:
Not true!!!!

I worked in a Military Troop Clinic performing their urinalysis for physicals. They must inform you if a drug test is going to be performed, and they are usually separate from the routine urinalysis.

Don't get your text in a bunch. The OP was asking about MEPS not some random troop clinic. Besides, more often then naught a pee test is used for drug testing. Plus most everyone in the general population knows this that is why I put "urinalysis = drug test".