[HPSP] Maryland (OOS) vs. Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentpin1123

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I’m trying to decide between Maryland and Tufts. I know most of this thread talks about cost, but I was selected for the HPSP, so the only factor is the cost of living above $2,200 per month.

I already put in my deposit for Maryland, but recently interviewed at Tufts.

I'm from the west coast, so either location would be cold for me. Maryland has a smaller class size and lower cost of living than Tufts does, but I personally like the city of Boston more than Baltimore. Both programs seem equally good, and I'm just not sure overall which would be the better option for me.

I was hoping to get more input from you guys on this.
 
Last edited:
If you're split on the programs themselves, then the city might be the dividing factor. I live in nyc and I've heard frequently how much people prefer Boston. Location was a huge factor for me, I really wanted to spend my mid twenties in a vibrant city.

Will say though that I interviewed at Maryland and loved it. Went to Columbia though.
 
I did not apply to Maryland nor do I know anything about the program BUT Boston seems like such a great place to experience on your down time in dental school. I think it ultimately comes down to where you see yourself thriving more. I also may be a little biased because I’m attending Tufts this year 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile