HPSP Military Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocoNUT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone an HPSP recipient? I am interested in the program, but would like to know the pos/neg from non-recruiters. It really sounds like a good deal... to graduate w/out debt. I heard, however, that you might not be able to enter residency right away until after you serve the 2-4 year obligation. Any input would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I went through HPSP and found that it was OK for me, but many of my classmates left the service as soon as their obligated time was up. It would have been nice to have had a little more control over my life. I finished my commitment and retired from the service, but found out that looking back on the experience I could have spent the time better in another organization. If you like to be put in an organization that has other less qualified persons controlling your life, feel free, but I can not recommend it knowing what I know now. If you decide to go HPSP make sure you graduate as early as you can. A month or so earlier will get you rank($$) faster in the long run. You will be advanced up to a year earlier than your counterparts. You need to save your vacation months to the end of your rotations and then let the school graduate you early to get an earlier report date for the service. You will have to go back to attend the graduation ceremony, but it will be worth it in the long run.

------------------

I am a 4-year Air Force HPSP receipient. If you are interested in AF scholarship, you may e-mail me, and I would be happy to help you.

Pei
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by peiyueng (edited 04-29-2000).]