2021-22 NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamstudentdoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, Happy Friday - I had applied for the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program (NHSC SP) in May 2021. Their website says the final decision would be made in September of this year. Received an alert from my credit bereau that NHSC ran a credit check on me a week back. Does it mean NHSC is seriously considering my application? Anyone had their credit check done by NHSC and in the same situation? Or am I thinking too much into it? Experience/advice from previous NHSC scholars would be helpful. Thanks and happy weekend!

Members don't see this ad.

I also got the credit check notification. I think they do it for everyone because one of the requirements to qualify for the program.

"We will not select you if you have a history of not honoring prior legal obligations. To determine this, we review factors such as:
  • Default on any federal payment obligations or any non-federal payment obligations (e.g., court-ordered child support payments), even that creditor considers you to be in good standing.
  • Write-off of any federal or non-federal debt as uncollectible. Or a waiver of any federal service or payment obligation.
  • Default on a prior service obligation—to federal, state, or local government, or other entity--even if you subsequently satisfied that obligation.
Note: We will perform a credit check as part of the application review process."

You should really look in the financial aid section of this website, seems like this program is a really bad deal that guarantees you will be stuck in bad bad jobs after residency.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted the enrollment verification, W-4 and transcript; it says " Your overall application status is: Accepted Award - Under Final Review. All awards will be made by September 30, 2021.", so have to wait until Sep.30 to sign the final contact, it seems like?

Submitted the enrollment verification, W-4 and transcript; it says " Your overall application status is: Accepted Award - Under Final Review. All awards will be made by September 30, 2021.", so have to wait until Sep.30 to sign the final contact, it seems like?
Wait, so did you get the award?? I'm dying to hear anything

You should really look in the financial aid section of this website, seems like this program is a really bad deal that guarantees you will be stuck in bad bad jobs after residency.
Respectfully disagree!

Reactions: 1 user
Some of us actually want to work those "bad bad jobs"

Can I apply to NHSC while being 5 years into FED PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS?

Question 3 is where I am stuck at because I am with PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 8.23.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 8.23.02 PM.png
    721.6 KB · Views: 84