hpsp pr vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had any issues attending med school in puerto rico under the va hpsp? The schools are lcme accredited which is the criteria listed on the va's site. however, staff with contact listed on the site are giving me conflicting messages stating the pr is not part of the us and therefore not lcme accredited, which obviously isn't true. there's VA in PR after all. any way to carefully navigate this. I know the HPSP in other branches are totally cool with PR

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how many people in this forum will know much about the VA. Tends towards a lot more active duty discussion. Even if there was more VA talk here, this is quite the niche question. That said, why not submit an application? You know the schools are LCME accredited and that's all that the VA HPSP requires, regardless of what the confused person responding to the email said. Worst case, you have to take out some loans instead of the HPSP and get to use EDRP and PSLF through the VA instead.

I'm not sure how many people in this forum will know much about the VA. Tends towards a lot more active duty discussion. Even if there was more VA talk here, this is quite the niche question. That said, why not submit an application? You know the schools are LCME accredited and that's all that the VA HPSP requires, regardless of what the confused person responding to the email said. Worst case, you have to take out some loans instead of the HPSP and get to use EDRP and PSLF through the VA instead.
much appreciate the response. yes, i'm getting the matter clarified with them and to some degree of success thankfully. fingers crossed. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.