HPSP Question about MEPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi All,

My MEPS appointment is on Tuesday and I just has a few questions on how MEPS will be. I have Invisalign and I'm worried that I will get DQ for it. Is this true or am I just freaking out.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

My MEPS appointment is on Tuesday and I just has a few questions on how MEPS will be. I have Invisalign and I'm worried that I will get DQ for it. Is this true or am I just freaking out.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

From DoDI 6130.03, disqualifying conditions for active service (from 30MAR2018):

e. Current orthodontic appliances (mounted or removable, e.g., Invisalign®) for continued active treatment unless:
(1) The appliance is permanent or removable retainer(s); or
(2) An orthodontist (civilian or military) provides documentation that:
(a) Active orthodontic treatment will be completed before being sworn in to active duty; or
(b) All orthodontic treatment will be completed before beginning active duty.

What did your recruiter say about it? There are waivers for certain things.

Edit: I see Air Force in the tag. Not really familiar with their standards, but I imagine they’re probably close to the above. Did you not tell your recruiter?

I think the easiest strategy would be to just not wear your invisalign to MEPS. May not be the most ethical thing, but my recruiter (not HPSP, back when I enlisted) was pretty upfront about "no, none,and never" being the best answers.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From DoDI 6130.03, disqualifying conditions for active service (from 30MAR2018):

What did your recruiter say about it? There are waivers for certain things.

Edit: I see Air Force in the tag. Not really familiar with their standards, but I imagine they’re probably close to the above. Did you not tell your recruiter?
I didn't have time to because my recruiter isn't the best at things.

I didn't have time to because my recruiter isn't the best at things.

You didn't have time to? I'm guessing he asked if you have any medical conditions. I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork when I enlisted. You could always leave them out when you go up if you don't mind being dishonest about it (I don't recommend that, but it's your call). You won't be able to wear them for the 5 weeks at COT, but I've seen people in with Invisalign, so it's not like you wouldn't be able to wear it again once you get through that.

Don't wear them and dont tell them that you do. The documentation they will ask for will kill you. They made me track down a surgical report for a tonsillectomy 20 years prior from a hospital that no longer exists. Just get good at lying.