HPSP Recruiter Wants to Contact Medical Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpc275

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the HPSP scholarship and the only thing that I need to secure the scholarship is a letter of acceptance from a medical school. I am currently waiting for post interview decisions at two schools and I have been placed on the wait list at another. However, due to the scholarship spots filling up, my recruiter asked if they could contact the schools to try to speed up the process. My recruiter said that this strategy has worked in the past; however, I am wary that the schools would be opposed to this and it could have a negative impact on my application. Does anyone have any experience or advice for this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not gonna happen at my school either.

I am applying for the HPSP scholarship and the only thing that I need to secure the scholarship is a letter of acceptance from a medical school. I am currently waiting for post interview decisions at two schools and I have been placed on the wait list at another. However, due to the scholarship spots filling up, my recruiter asked if they could contact the schools to try to speed up the process. My recruiter said that this strategy has worked in the past; however, I am wary that the schools would be opposed to this and it could have a negative impact on my application. Does anyone have any experience or advice for this situation?

Which service's HPSP? My service runs out of qualified applicants before we run out of HPSP funds. I think your recruiter might be full of it...

Which service's HPSP? My service runs out of qualified applicants before we run out of HPSP funds. I think your recruiter might be full of it...
AirForce.
Thank you for the responses so far.

1) I can't imagine that working

2) I can imagine that pissing a school off

3) If you're really worried about the AF running out of scholarships, apply to Navy/Army HPSP as well.

4) As always, please make sure to read through our milimed forum before signing any contracts. At a minimum you should not sign the papers if you don't understand deployments, GMO tours, the military match, military medical pay vs civilian pay, and what happens if you want to get out of your contract. .

The AF has plenty of HPSP scholarships left. Source: four cubicles down from the person in charge of tracking that. Tell your recruiter to chill.

Reactions: 1 users
My recruitor tried using limited scholarship availability to get me to write a letter of intent to the Army before I had a LOA so they could keep holding the scholarship. I thought that was a tacky effort on their part to pressure me. Added that onto the list of a dozen reasons why I eventually decided to withdraw from consideration.