HS student taking MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go test-taking skills? I've always gotten along well with multiple guess exams. And I do a lot of science contests, so if I don't think efficiently, I dont get free stuff - and that's sad. MCAT gives you half of what you need to know, and the rest is first principles/nomenclature. The trick is seeing the logic through the assorted test-writer malarkey.

And there's something of a story behind the MCAT thing. I'm eyeing MD/PhD, which means I'll get my degree mailed to my nursing home. So I'm accelerating as much as possible. But being young and biologically oriented makes research jobs almost impossible to get. This summer, I only got one because my dad's college roomie intervened for me...ouch. I figured that I needed to prove myself on a post-high school level, and I already had an MCAT prep book for contest cramming, so things went from there.

And gschl is right. It's almost surprising how cool the "stars" are. I'm enough of a dork to know a lot of them. They'll whine about winning national science contests by slim margins, but they'll go play volleyball at 2 am in their pajamas. And no matter how beastly they are, there's always someone even more ferocious, so no egos allowed. :D

As for that Tolstoy website. We were supposed to write the intro in the style of the author. Therefore, what you see on the front page is me channeling Tolstoy at 1 am in 8th grade, after reading half of War and Peace and all of Anna Karenina in a weekend and getting quite fed up with Tolstoy's persistent refusal to GET to the POINT. (I really do need to take that down...)

Members don't see this ad.

People were giggling about it earlier in the thread. It was an 8th grade English project; it's quite crappy, but it shows up when I'm googled.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see johns hopkins is your #5 choice. excellent.

Originally posted by Sunflower189
People were giggling about it earlier in the thread. It was an 8th grade English project; it's quite crappy, but it shows up when I'm googled.

Stop resurrecting threads Mr. MMood, you're making high schoolers look bad.

MWillie said:
Stop resurrecting threads Mr. MMood, you're making high schoolers look bad.

I second that.

EDIT: DoctorV09, I hope you realized that this thread was 2 years old before you wrote that lengthy reply!

"Borrowed" from another thread

ForbiddenComma said:
Someone has been busy with thread necromancy here...

:D

javert said:
EDIT: DoctorV09, I hope you realized that this thread was 2 years old before you wrote that lengthy reply!

yah, my bad...oh well, i was bored anyways...i deleted it so as to not look like a complete idiot :p

Kids will be kids. :rolleyes:

"Plus, remember that the mcat is only good for 3 years, so if you take it that summer, that means you HAVE to apply sooner, and adcoms do frown upon younger applicants as being immature. Of course there are exceptions to that but in general it is harder to get in when you're younger. (So I have heard, anyways.)"

Great advice. If you want to take it early, then do so after first year. Also, if you don't do any medical related activities, adcoms will want to know how the hell you know medicine is for you. That will definitely hurt you.