HSCP, late apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had my HSCP app complete (MEPS done, interviews, etc, etc) for a month or so now, but was still waiting for an acceptance letter, which I finally got today-YES!

So, I spoke to my recruiter today, and he told me that all HSCP for this year are accounted for. He told me that I would most likely be good to go for HPSP, but for me HSCP is the better fit, and the program I want. My question is then, what are my chances of getting HSCP beginning in Oct, Nov? If my file goes to the review board now showing that I am only interested in HSCP, will it just be tossed out because there are no more spots, or will they hold on to it, and assuming I am qualified, give me an HSCP spot beginning in Oct, Nov? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is at least one more HSCP spot left. I just emailed my recruiter yesterday withdrawing from the program due to my acceptance at USUHS. I'm not sure if he has received the message yet.

Ha, awesome and congrats to you! I don't know what the odds would be of me getting this spot, but it's good to know, and I will pass it on to my recruiter. You never know...!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile