surfdr

7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I have had my HSCP app complete (MEPS done, interviews, etc, etc) for a month or so now, but was still waiting for an acceptance letter, which I finally got today-YES!

So, I spoke to my recruiter today, and he told me that all HSCP for this year are accounted for. He told me that I would most likely be good to go for HPSP, but for me HSCP is the better fit, and the program I want. My question is then, what are my chances of getting HSCP beginning in Oct, Nov? If my file goes to the review board now showing that I am only interested in HSCP, will it just be tossed out because there are no more spots, or will they hold on to it, and assuming I am qualified, give me an HSCP spot beginning in Oct, Nov? Thanks.

Last edited:

Cooperd0g

Something witty goes here.
7+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Status
Attending Physician
There is at least one more HSCP spot left. I just emailed my recruiter yesterday withdrawing from the program due to my acceptance at USUHS. I'm not sure if he has received the message yet.

OP
S

surfdr

7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Ha, awesome and congrats to you! I don't know what the odds would be of me getting this spot, but it's good to know, and I will pass it on to my recruiter. You never know...!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile