You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
hSDN Class of 2014
Started by JPodel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm starting to get use to the new format, I just wish the background was a grey color or something darker because it just seems everything is running together.
I'm starting to get use to the new format, I just wish the background was a grey color or something darker because it just seems everything is running together.
Same! I am starting to like the new design. Still strains the eyes tho. Too much white! A cooler color like grey or soft blue would make things a little better!
I wonder what nysegop is up to. Hahah
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder what nysegop is up to. Hahah
I miss him.
Nysegop, if you're reading this, you can go ahead and make a new account. I really doubt they'll delete you. Just give us subtle hints on who you are and we'll keep it secret!
Come out come out wherever you are
I feel like a lot of these high schoolers come on here for like 4 days to tell us how great their "master plan" is of becoming a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, and then just disappear out of nowhere after they have spammed our forums lol 😀
I feel like a lot of these high schoolers come on here for like 4 days to tell us how great their "master plan" is of becoming a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, and then just disappear out of nowhere after they have spammed our forums lol 😀
No joke man! The lack of hSDN activity is irritating me! Lolol
Hi, I'm new to this forum and my experience with it has been great so far 🙂 ! I was wondering if my high school career would set me up well for pre med in college and how I do I stack up compared to other competitors? I want to major in biology and I'm interested in going to an allopathic medical school.
Last edited:
I mean you're certainly very smart, but what you did in high school means nothing. For medical school, all that matters is your GPA when you get to college, your research, and your MCAT score!!! No one can predict how you'll do in those, so good luck and welcome to the party!
I'm On My Way Up: Are you applying to Ivies? You should!
Developer: Lucky 😎
Yeah I'm thinking about applying to Harvard. My other main school I have in mind is University of Michigan Ann Arbor (looking at its honors college). Both are ranked very high for their medical schools (top 10 if I remember correctly) and a lot of their graduating premeds get accepted into them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a $42,000 scholarship to USF, along with admission to the Honors College. Looks like they're moving up on the list 😀
DUDE congrats man! That's pretty nice! Where else do you want to go again?
Hello Highschoolers,
How are you doing? 🙂!
Pretty good... You?
Never betterPretty good... You?
Hello Highschoolers,
How are you doing? 🙂!
Great! I can't wait to graduate 😀 😀 😀
iight jpatel i see you care about nysegop but not me
ok i feels you
DUDE! Where TF have you been?
Obviously I care about you more lolol. Glad you're back man! What's up, please explain your absence!
iight jpatel i see you care about nysegop but not me
ok i feels you
TOLBERTTTT
Biobeaver <3
Honestly I've been doing a lot so I just lost track of time. I missed you guys though #thestruggle
I missed you too bruh <3
Hows college?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah! We can be Molecular Bio buddies now 😀i can't even deal there's too many, but instead I sit in a ball on my bed anyway
I finally declared tho 😎 Molecular biology, been that for like 10 days fwm
i can't even deal there's too many, but instead I sit in a ball on my bed anyway
I finally declared tho 😎 Molecular biology, been that for like 10 days fwm
It's all about that pharm and tox tho. 😀 Just joshing. Welcome back, it seems like you're doing well.
Good luck bro! I am so done with biology. My teacher is literally too stupid to insult. Ugh.Studying hardcore for my Bio test Friday! Gotta cover the circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems! Give me your hSDN blessings![]()
Anyways, back to some calc studying. Test tomorrow KMN.
Good luck bro! I am so done with biology. My teacher is literally too stupid to insult. Ugh.
Anyways, back to some calc studying. Test tomorrow KMN.
Calc and Bio at the same time; respect earned......
Tomorrow is probably going to be the death of me.. I have a calculus I midterm, and AP Bio and Microeconomics tests. And I have bronchitis...In need of any good karma you can send my way... Haha.
Good luck on all the exams!Tomorrow is probably going to be the death of me.. I have a calculus I midterm, and AP Bio and Microeconomics tests. And I have bronchitis...In need of any good karma you can send my way... Haha.
Priority mailed my transcripts to ASU and started my Barrett application today! I'm being convinced more and more that ASU Barrett is my best choice for pre-med.
Dude, you and Jpatel can be besties! That'd be too awesome lol
Dude, you and Jpatel can be besties! That'd be too awesome lol
Can't beat $20k /yr and the honor's dorm and amenities. hSDN is where I heard about ASU! Thought it was just another party school, but it's not.
Can't beat $20k /yr and the honor's dorm and amenities. hSDN is where I heard about ASU! Thought it was just another party school, but it's not.
DUDE!!!!! If you come here, we are definitely hanging out! That's pretty cool, someone on hSDN that might actually go to the same college as me!
Don't even get me started on the bang for your buck here at ASU/Barrett! Too good!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm planning on living with parents and with the Presidents scholarship, I'm looking at max 2 grand! Can't beat that!
January 10th will be the big day to see if Barrett let me in or not! Can't wait!
$2k is insane, probably cheaper than CC lol. ASU is cheaper for me than my state flagship lol. I'd like to go out of state anyways. I think going somewhere where I'm well above average and somewhere cheap would be best for pre-med.
Good luck! Even if we don't get into Barrett, we could apply for second semester as freshman. I'd imagine it's easier to get in that way if it doesn't work out initially. We could definitely form an hSDN crew at ASU if we both end up going there haha.
Just got a $42,000 scholarship to USF, along with admission to the Honors College. Looks like they're moving up on the list 😀
Congrats!
$2k is insane, probably cheaper than CC lol. ASU is cheaper for me than my state flagship lol. I'd like to go out of state anyways. I think going somewhere where I'm well above average and somewhere cheap would be best for pre-med.
Good luck! Even if we don't get into Barrett, we could apply for second semester as freshman. I'd imagine it's easier to get in that way if it doesn't work out initially. We could definitely form an hSDN crew at ASU if we both end up going there haha.
I was super happy when I found out I got that scholarship! But yes, super cheap and A LOT of research opportunities! Plus the hot babes are just a bonus.
If we don't get in we can apply at the end of our sophomore year! I also thought I could as a second semester freshman but this is what they put on their website. And damn right we are going to have to form a hSDN club at ASU! Lolol
"A common question is, “I am a second-semester, first-year college student. It looks like I can’t apply for sophomore enrollment. Is this true?” Yes, this is a correct statement. Second-semester freshmen are not able to successfully compress the Lower Division honors academic requirements into the three years they have remaining. These students must wait and apply at the end of their sophomore year for Upper Division entry as a junior. If you are an ASU student at the West campus, where a three-year honors track is being piloted, e-mail [email protected] to discuss an exception to this policy."
$2k is insane, probably cheaper than CC lol. ASU is cheaper for me than my state flagship lol. I'd like to go out of state anyways. I think going somewhere where I'm well above average and somewhere cheap would be best for pre-med.
Good luck! Even if we don't get into Barrett, we could apply for second semester as freshman. I'd imagine it's easier to get in that way if it doesn't work out initially. We could definitely form an hSDN crew at ASU if we both end up going there haha.
That's exactly how USF is for me now. WAY cheaper than any in-state schools due to the scholarships, and just got a letter from the Honors College saying I'll get my own room and all-expense paid travel to research seminars in my field of study. AWESOME!
I was super happy when I found out I got that scholarship! But yes, super cheap and A LOT of research opportunities! Plus the hot babes are just a bonus.
If we don't get in we can apply at the end of our sophomore year! I also thought I could as a second semester freshman but this is what they put on their website. And damn right we are going to have to form a hSDN club at ASU! Lolol
"A common question is, “I am a second-semester, first-year college student. It looks like I can’t apply for sophomore enrollment. Is this true?” Yes, this is a correct statement. Second-semester freshmen are not able to successfully compress the Lower Division honors academic requirements into the three years they have remaining. These students must wait and apply at the end of their sophomore year for Upper Division entry as a junior. If you are an ASU student at the West campus, where a three-year honors track is being piloted, e-mail [email protected] to discuss an exception to this policy."
Look at #2
1) high school seniors looking to enroll as incoming freshmen,
2) first-semester college students looking to enroll in the second semester of their first year,
3) second-semester college sophomores looking to enroll at the start of their junior (third) year. The first and second options reflect Lower Division enrollment in the honors college. The Lower Division honors curriculum is designed for students spending at minimum seven semesters at ASU and Barrett, not including summer intersessions. Learn More. - See more at: http://barretthonors.asu.edu/admissions/admissions-eligibility/#sthash.uWkuC9rY.dpuf
Last edited:
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 283
E
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E