Hsps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

igcgnerd

Hawkeye
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two questions:
First how would one go about getting a medical waiver for athma? I was treated for a year for asthma secondary to environmental allergies. It has since resolved and am not undergoing further treatment for it.
Secondly, are HSPS students required to do 3rd/4th year rotations in military facilities? If not how many did you do?

Members don't see this ad.

Two questions:
First how would one go about getting a medical waiver for athma? I was treated for a year for asthma secondary to environmental allergies. It has since resolved and am not undergoing further treatment for it.
Secondly, are HSPS students required to do 3rd/4th year rotations in military facilities? If not how many did you do?
1. When you go to MEPS to do your physical you will probably check "yes" in that particular block. You will have to spend some extra time explaining the situation. It doesn't sound like a deal breaker though.

2. Yes. You are required to do 2 total for 3rd and 4th year (in a military facility), but you can do as many in a military facility as your school will allow (you will only get paid for 90 days though).

Two questions:

If you are really interested in serving and you think that you have gotten over the allergy, save yourself all the grief that goes along with getting a waiver...just check that you have an allergy to something and describe your reaction to it in the space given rather than saying that you have asthma seconary to environmental allergies. The asthma they are talking about I think is the chronic type...or at least that is my assumption, I don't read too much into all the medical forms and they usually don't either.

You are required to do one rotation during your 3rd year and one rotation during your 4th year in military facilities, the rest of them are at your school or anywhere else you choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is O/T but Kingfisher, your icon is awesome.