What is the lifestyle like for HSPS Army doctors after finishing residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanders11

Reaction score
I am very curious about what life is like during the four years of active duty for Army pediatricians. Are there any current Army pediatricians that can share some details of their current life? or if you aren't in Peds, what is your specialty? I would greatly appreciate input on where you are stationed, hours you work, work/life balance, time spent with family, how often you deploy and what those deployments have been like, what life is like for your spouse or partner, ect.. I know every situation will be different so the more responses the better!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am very curious about what life is like during the four years of active duty for Army pediatricians. Are there any current Army pediatricians that can share some details of their current life? or if you aren't in Peds, what is your specialty? I would greatly appreciate input on where you are stationed, hours you work, work/life balance, time spent with family, how often you deploy and what those deployments have been like, what life is like for your spouse or partner, ect.. I know every situation will be different so the more responses the better!

OP. If you tell us more about where you are in life it can help you receive responses even more applicable to your situation.

Premed? Why Army? Prior Service at all? Did you already sign the dotted line for HPSP, USUHS or other?

OP. If you tell us more about where you are in life it can help you receive responses even more applicable to your situation.

Premed? Why Army? Prior Service at all? Did you already sign the dotted line for HPSP, USUHS or other?
My husband is a HPSP fourth year medical student going into Pediatrics. I am very curious about what his lifestyle/my lifestyle could potentially look like.

Reactions: 1 user
Be patient. There are some pediatricians that float through here. I think they'll answer your question eventually. Most of us could chime in, but its nice if it's coming from someone with direct experience.

Reactions: 1 user
As soon as caveman escaped, it's hasta la vista.