You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
humalog vs. humalin vs. humalog 70/30
Started by nampa
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If a doc writes humalog - your going to get straight humalog.
If a doc writes for humalog 70/30 you will get the combination product
If a doc writes for humalin - you will get humalin.
Don’t be so nervous
If a doc writes for humalog 70/30 you will get the combination product
If a doc writes for humalin - you will get humalin.
Don’t be so nervous
If a doc writes humalog - your going to get straight humalog.
If a doc writes for humalog 70/30 you will get the combination product
If a doc writes for humalin - you will get humalin.
Don’t be so nervous
Sp Humulin
If a doc writes humalog - your going to get straight humalog.
If a doc writes for humalog 70/30 (and I didn’t know any better) you will get the combination product
If a doc writes for humalin - you will get humalin.
Don’t be so nervous
To quote my own post... there is no such thing as humalog 70/30...
But if I got an Rx for humalog 70/30 I would do my darndest to fill it with humalog 70/30 until I figured out that this is not an option. Then you just figure it out from there
The important thing is to know that none of us know everything - as evidenced by my humalog 70:30 comment. What makes a good pharmacist is the ability to deal with gaps in knowledge.
I don’t think I understand the question. Just fill whatever the order says. If the order doesn’t make sense that’s when you clarify it.
But what if it says lisinopril?
How do you know they didn't mean lisinopril/hctz?
OP don't over think things.
How do you know they didn't mean lisinopril/hctz?
OP don't over think things.
I don’t think I understand the question. Just fill whatever the order says. If the order doesn’t make sense that’s when you clarify it.
From my reading, what do you do when the Rx says “Humalog 70/30” but the real products are Humalog 75/25 and Humulin 70/30?
Then you call the prescriber. Alternatively, if you have history, you ask the patient, “hey did your endocrinologist talk about putting you on new insulin?”
But I don’t work retail front line, lol. Your license, not mine!
Actually the title and question doesn’t make any sense, I made up my own question. Move along.
Actually the title and question doesn’t make any sense, I made up my own question. Move along.
I think we all kinda went off on our own tangent on this thread. The ADHD is strong on this thread.
I hope OP meant Humalog vs Novolog
Otherwise, tell me what school you graduated from
Otherwise, tell me what school you graduated from
I hope OP meant Humalog vs Novolog
Otherwise, tell me what school you graduated from
Unfair - pharmacy school does not, in any way, prepare you for the nightmare of busy retail. In fact it is ignored almost completely.
My guess is that op is new to the retail gig and is in a position where he/she is wondering what the hell is happening around them and wants to know what to do about something that is simple to us who have endured previous abuse
Last edited:
Even so a simple use of available resources (ie. Lexicomp) would be better method to find out the answer to his question. Asking if here is not very best use of his resources...
Unfair - pharmacy school does not, in any way, prepare you for the nightmare of busy retail. In fact it is ignored almost completely.
My guess is that op is new to the retail gig and is in a position where he/she is wondering what the hell is happening around them and wants to know what to do about something that is simple to us who have endured previous abuse
Even so a simple use of available resources (ie. Lexicomp) would be better method to find out the answer to his question. Asking if here is not very best use of his resources...
You can’t use Lexicomp to research if a prescriber meant 70/30 or regular insulin.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can’t use Lexicomp to research if a prescriber meant 70/30 or regular insulin.
im just saying that asking this question here isn’t best use of his resources (using Lexi would show him there’s not a humalog 70/30...). Like you said quickest way to his question is call the doctor.
im just saying that asking this question here isn’t best use of his resources (using Lexi would show him there’s not a humalog 70/30...). Like you said quickest way to his question is call the doctor.
But we’re tired of BS job/money threads and anything that has to do with actual drugs makes us old timers here happy.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 5K