Human anatomy help! Should I drop it or keep it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAK_w

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I’m currently in my second year taking human anatomy. My average is pretty bad but passing and I really want to drop it but I’ve already withdrew from one course and I heard more than 2 W on your transcript looks bad for MSF schools. So I’m trying to keep another W for a future harder course I might need to retake in the future (hopefully it’s not needed tho). My question is, is it better to keep it as it is or withdraw from it and do it in the summer (or maybe in the fall)? I’m worried medical schools focus too much on the grade if I keep it or if they focus on the fact the I’ve withdrew from two courses? Also I’m worried because my first year grades aren’t amazing but I’m doing better now it’s just this one course that’s bringing me down. I really don’t know what to do so let me know which option would be a smarter one to take.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think a C or D would look much worse to an adcom than a W, but that’s just my personal opinion. Also, a C or D will impact your GPA, while a W will not.

Reactions: 1 user